New Mini Z

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by grassmannj, Apr 14, 2007.

1. grassmannj

grassmannj LawnSite Member

Picked it up Monday, so far so good, any one have any pics of a hitch attachment?

Mower.jpg

2. KS_Grasscutter

KS_Grasscutter LawnSite Gold Member

Umm...whats the deal with the handle on the Lawnboy? Looks WAY big or something:confused:

3. Tom c.

Tom c. LawnSite Member

Hustler dealer has a hitch I think its like 39.00. I got the same mower GOOD LUCK!!!!!

4. statman

statman LawnSite Senior Member

Word of warning about a hitch... I pulled a roller with an older Scag and tore up a wheel motor. i know Husstlers are tuff, but I would make sure it wouldn't void the warranty.

5. nmez21

nmez21 LawnSite Senior Member

I used a piece of 6"x4" angle iron, and a 2"x4" block of wood to make one. (4) 3/4" bolts hold it in place. Works well for just about any towable lawn tool. Cost about $10 to make.

IMG_0074resizedhitch.JPG

6. corey1977

corey1977 LawnSite Senior Member
    from maine

im making one for my new cubcadet 22/50 im leaving the bracket for the bagger on year round when I take the bagger off so I will all ready have a base for the hitch!

7. FIRESCOOBY

FIRESCOOBY LawnSite Senior Member

Just buy the factory hitch. I got one on my Mini-Z, got it for $21 from dealer.

I've used mine quite a bit to pull my aerator (est weight of about 350-400lbs). Never had any problems, but it's still soon...only have a little over 200 hours. I also run Mobil 1 in the hydros (as well as engine).

I will be upgrading next year to probably a SuperZ, as I need more engine a lot of the time.

8. Idealtim

Idealtim LawnSite Senior Member

Nothing like a new mower! Once my current ztr wears out, I'll probly pick up a hustler.