new mini

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by ksss, Dec 9, 2012.

1. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

2. mrsops

mrsops LawnSite Silver Member

Very nice!! What did you think of the 305.5 d? Friend of mine has one and its a lot more stable then my 305ccr..

3. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

I liked the D. The breakout was excellent. It was a PINTA getting in and out of compared to the TK as was the Deere. I liked the CAT though. It was $8K more. I just like the TK for what it can do. My only issue with the TB153FR is all the zerks and moving parts. I have not had any issues but there is a lot more wear opportunities than a typical swing boom. I plan on putting a mower on it and TK finally addressed the low gpm issues that have plagued their mini excavators. That was the reason for the update. I have 2300 hours on my TK. I would have liked to haver kept it another 18 months. I got a decent trade value and a good purchase price on the new one.

4. coopers

coopers LawnSite Bronze Member

Shane that's awesome! Do you use your mini more than your 160? I was waiting to see you update your 160 but guess the mini gets it first. :) You order the thumb from the factory or is it already on the machine? Can't wait to see pics of it.

5. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

Ya the TK is on almost everything we do it seems. I wanted an HPF on the last one but I think it will finally happen on this machine. We are ordering it from the factory and installed here. I am going to wait to see what happens this Spring for work and then work on replacing the 9020B.

6. YellowDogSVC

YellowDogSVC LawnSite Gold Member
    from TX

good luck with that setup. I am excited to see what it can do for you as a mower. Make sure you get some pics in the spring!

7. coopers

coopers LawnSite Bronze Member

Very cool. How did HPF compare price wise with PSM? Austin (minimax) apparently has a new 35D and he put a pro-link PSM thumb on this time. Glad business is treating you well.

8. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

I didnt price check PSM. But I will.

9. AWJ Services

AWJ Services LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Ga

It is hard to beat the value in Tak products.

10. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

nice. cant wait for the pics!