New MiniZ

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by xrayguy, Jun 11, 2005.

1. xrayguy

xrayguy LawnSite Member

After years of looking and lusting after ztr's, I finally took delivery of my new 52" 24hp MiniZ yesterday! This machine is awesome! I have never used a ztr before (except in a demo) so it took me a few minutes and one small ding into a tree to get the hang of the steering, but once I got comfortable I was looking for more grass. The mower is extremely smooth and powerful and handles very well. I had intended on buying a 52" 20hp Fastrak, but thanks mostly to the input on this forum, and PJ's advice in particular, I went with the bigger mower. I only have 2 acres to cut, but I have a rather large hill with a steep grade on it and some ditches with steep grades so I thought that the bigger unit with the bigger tires and pumps would serve me best in the long run. After showing pictures of my property to one dealer, he assured me that the Fastrak would handle the grades just fine, but after running the MiniZ one the hill yesterday I am certain that I made the right choice. It is 1000x more secure than my old Ford lawn tractor.

I want to thank everyone on this forum, PJ most of all, for all of their advice and input on Hustler mowers. When I finally decided to bite the bullet and spend the money this spring, I was certain that I would buy from a local dealer that sells Country Clipper. But thankfully, me being me, I decided that if I was going to spend that kind of money I had better look at all the makes out there. So I did, and I kept coming back to the Hustler. And then I found this forum, and it basically sold me on the mower that I bought. Thanks again and happy mowing!

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

Welcome to the Hustler family!
    I appreciate all your praises as with anyone's on this site, but I am just doing my job here, I enjoy working with people here on LS and will always continue to help out where and when I can.
    Thank you for being a Hustler customer.

Pj

3. Cut-Rite2

Cut-Rite2 LawnSite Member

I just started in this business 3 months ago, using a John Deere L120 Lawn Tractor. I knew this machine was not designed for commercial mowing, but I couldn't afford the cost of a ZTR. Last week the one of the mowing deck idler pullys threw a bearing and sheared off the spindle supporting it. Well, as it turned out I would have needed to purchase a complete new deck for over $400 just to get the thing working again. Instead I had a new spindle machined in a shop and fixed the problem. In the meantime I decided I should look into a commercial mower. I liked the Hustler, based on looks, sturdiness, and from the positive comments throughout lawnsite.com. I went to the Hustler website and found a local dealer. I really didn't think that I was going to be able to purchase a new one, but because of the summer specials Hustler was having, the price was in the area of affordability for me. Not only was the price on a new 52", 23HP mini Z great (marked down to $5995 from $8099), but they were offering 3.9% interest on financing for 3 years, with good credit. This was "an offer I couldn't refuse", so I went for it and bought the new machine, and what a machine it is. I am really impressed with the solid construction and the speed I am able to cut with now. My own property is 1-1/8 acres, and with the J.D. it used to take me 2-1/2 hours to cut it. Now with my new Mini Z, I cut in less than 2 hours. Big difference! So far I am really happy with my Mini Z, and as long as the reliability is there, my next new mower will be a Hustler too.

4. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

Welcome to the family Cut-Rite2!
    Glad you like your mower, and you got a smoking deal!

Pj

5. xrayguy

xrayguy LawnSite Member

Congratulations Cut-Rite! You'll like the mower more everytime you use it. You got a really good deal. I got my 52/24 for $6100. I tried to get it for $6000 but the dealer wouldn't go any lower and was ready to let me walk. Happy mowing!!