New Moderator

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Sean Adams, Sep 2, 2003.

1. Sean Adams

Sean Adams LawnSite Gold Member

Hello Everyone,

We are heading into the busy season here at LawnSite.com once again. Megan, Jodi, Rick, a few volunteer moderators and myself have been working hard to try and keep LawnSite.com the way it should be - professional and organized.

I would like to introduce a new Moderator to the site. He has chosen the user name "Moderator" so there will be no questions as to who this person is.

The moderator will refrain from posting in the forums, and only act as a moderator of the site. The only time the moderator will post is to get things back on topic or to remind members of the rules.

Moderator is a long time veteran of this industry, as well as a long time veteran of internet forum boards. I have discussed at length the direction in which I want the site to go with this new moderator. I have given specific instructions for Moderator to enforce the rules - no matter who breaks the rules.

Moderator will be spending a lot of time on the site making sure that the rules are followed, posts are made in the proper forums, etc...

2. stslawncare

stslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member
    from DE

will we ever know who he is? to whoever you are congrats.

3. vipermanz

vipermanz LawnSite Bronze Member

can we have a guessing game??:D

4. GLAN

GLAN Banned

Welcome aboard "Moderator"

5. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Why do people" HIDE " behind USER NAMES what are they afraid of?.
    One of your own is a moderator on wwwLawnboring.com. It's like putting the fox in charge of the hen house.

John Anthony Gamba

6. GLAN

GLAN Banned

?

7. Sean Adams

Sean Adams LawnSite Gold Member

This is not a problem.....how are you supposed to guess someone you do not know? This person has never been a member at LawnSite.com. I said long time veteran of the industry and internet forum boards - I said nothing about "Moderator" being anyone's acquaintance or friend from this site.

So please, let's not turn this into something it does not need to be. I was being courteous announcing the new moderator versus just giving this person moderator powers and not informing the community.

8. Moderator

Moderator Banned
    from NA

it is true....i am new to this board and that is why i am going to remian unknown - not to upset anyone, just so i can help keep the peace....i think you guys have a great thing going here and from my past experience, an unknown moderator will be helpful. i intend to be fair and follow the rules at all times. thanks.

9. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

welcome! I try to follow the rules to.
    John

10. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

Welcome Moderator!......Whoever you are.......:D