New Moderators

Discussion in 'Questions, Rules, Suggestions' started by Sean Adams, Mar 4, 2005.

1. Sean Adams

Sean Adams LawnSite Gold Member

Hello Everyone!

As you know LawnSite is growing and growing! We are approaching 27,000 members, upgrading servers to add more space every time I catch my breath, and averaging hundreds of thousands of page views every day.

Jodi is amazing! I mean that. She has a family of her own and runs her business as well, and still finds time to do her thing right here at LawnSite. If you haven't thanked her lately, you should. I'm not sure where we would be without her. I know I would probably be in the hospital at the very least (which kind of hospital I'm not certain :dizzy: ).

But Jodi and I and a few others who help out here in the office can only do so much. Therefore, the decision has been made to add 2 new moderators to the mix.

The first mod is Michael Donovan. Mike has worked with me for over 10 years and I have known him for over 20 years. Great guy, fair, loves the members and the site. Many of you have probably received an email from him if you had a password or login issue. Mike is married, father of two boys, huge sports fan, and has grown quite fond of the calendar thread in the off topic forum....even though he has had to edit it several times. If you need anything feel free to contact Mike at lawncaresuccess2@aol.com.

The second moderator we are adding to the site is a member many of you are already familiar with - Charles. I'm not even sure if an introduction is necessary. But I can say Charles and I see eye to eye, he has been nothing but up front with me from day one and he has done a lot behind the scenes to make sure we are always aware of the site, its members, and hidden little trends. Charles is going to serve as Jodi's "assistant" initially until he learns the ropes and then we are going to set him loose.

Appreciate them, they are here to make this site better.

2. SLS

SLS LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mars

Charles???

You mean, THAT Charles???

:p

3. DLS1

DLS1 LawnSite Bronze Member

What happened to that mysterious SUPER moderator?

Jodi thanks for moderating but Sean you are the one who should be thanking her more than us. My wife was a moderator of a board and she just got burned out doing it. She just didn't have the time to do it.

Oh boy, with that many moderators the interpretation of enforcing the rules should get interesting.

Sean maybe you should cut Jodi in on a share of the profits from lawnsite if you got any profits. :D

4. crawdad

crawdad LawnSite Bronze Member

New moderators, welcome to LS.
    Of course Jodi, and other moderators, should be paid well. Are you suggesting that someone would work for free, for a profitable website such as this? Why? Does anyone here have hired help that works for free? If so, send them to me.
    Crawdad

5. Bull

Bull LawnSite Senior Member
    from NC

Yea, you take real good care of Jodi. It's not often that you find people with common sense who are allowed to work in an environment with authority. And man does she have it. The power to pull post, referee differences of opinion and intervene when required to enforce the rules with a great degree of tact. If she ever goes we all go. This site has just been "Unionized for the sake of Jodi". Some advice for the new moderators, don't try to reinvent the wheel. If it ain't broke don't try and fix it.

6. gogetter

gogetter Banned

Cetainly not wanting to stir anything up, and for all I know, maybe she already is compensated, but I know that a large reptile website that I was on for years paid their mods because it was growing so rapidly (much like LS) and the mods were "working" almost full time hours.

Hope LS is taking care of ya Jodi (and other mods), you deserve it. payup

Oh, and WELCOME to the new guys! :waving:

7. sammyfromtunisia

sammyfromtunisia LawnSite Member

i'll drink to that! i certainly hope sean is taking care of jodi. she does an excellent job! smart, witty, and cute as hell

8. DLS1

DLS1 LawnSite Bronze Member

Well if no pay at least give Jodi all the free lawnsite trinkets (i.e. cups, t-shirts) that she wants.

9. Martino

Martino LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Midwest

I'll bet Rooster, wherever he may be, choked on his dinner when he read this news.

Way to go, Charles and welcome, Michael. Nice to have another Irishman around.

10. Sean Adams

Sean Adams LawnSite Gold Member

I agree 100% with you guys....I'll leave it at that. It is not my place to speak as to whether or not Jodi feels she has been compensated for her work. If she wants to say something, no problem. If she would prefer to keep things to herself, her option as well.

Martino - you will never come across a bigger Notre Dame fan than Mike.