new motor for my lesco viper. electrical problems.

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by chetty mo, Oct 10, 2013.

1. chetty mo

chetty mo LawnSite Member

i got a lesco 54 viper commercial pro rider from a friend that needed a motor so i got a motor from another friend, a kohler 25hp cv730-0029 and installed it today but for the life of me i cant find a parts or electrical diagram for the viper, kohler i found no prob. but i need an electrical diagram for the viper to try to hook up the electrical to the kholer. some of it is obvious and some is not. also i cant find the identification plate on the viper so i dont know the exact model of it. deck measures 54 its green and says viper on the sides and commercial pro on the front. any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

2. Breezmeister

Breezmeister LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from South Jersey

Your Viper is a clone of a Cub Cadet. What I would do is find a Cub or a John Deere/Lesco dealer,(Deere owns Lesco) take as much info/pics on your rider and see if they can help......

ericg likes this.
  3. chetty mo

yeah thats why i joined this forum. the guys down at the john deere shop are very un friendly and they just try to get you to bring it in for millions of dollars. i was hoping there was someone on this site with more info than just go to the deere shop. thank you for your reply tho. ill just keep searching the net and figure it out. it only has 5 wires at the engine comp. 2 are 12 volt when key on and im not sure of the rest as to what they do yet. thanks again:)

4. piston slapper

piston slapper LawnSite Platinum Member

Without specific model info it is going to be impossible to locate the correct wiring schematic..
    Lesco mowers may have a sticker that says they are commercial ...but they are a homeowner POS
    I would remove all the wiring and start from scratch....but then again..that's just me...
    Good luck....

5. chetty mo

Thats probably what im going to do. Thanks for the reply.
    Posted via Mobile Device