1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

New Motor Options?

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by RLS Landscaping, Mar 11, 2012.

1. RLS Landscaping

RLS Landscaping LawnSite Member

I am looking for some advice on a new motor for a 2004 exmark. Currently it has a 27 Kolher on it, which is on it's last leg. I will be using this mower as a back up now so I don't think I will be needing that big of an engine. It has a 60 inch deck on it. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

2. pugs

pugs LawnSite Gold Member

If you want something cheap look into the Briggs Cyclonic engine. Its a 30HP and its on their Top 40 list. You can probably get the engine and muffler for right around 1000 or 1100. Would be good for a backup machine. Only downside is its only available in 1-1/8" shaft size. I am hoping they start offering a 26-27 hp version in the 1" size on their Top 40 list(list of popular replacement engines that they offer at cheaper prices since they sell tons of them). Would be a good replacement for a Wright Stander with some hours on it.

Through Briggs they have a 1 year commercial warranty on these. The ones on Ferris I am told have a 2 year so maybe Briggs will change that at some point or the Ferris people were wrong.

3. ashgrove landscaping

ashgrove landscaping LawnSite Gold Member

I have a 32 briggs vanguard for sale if you are interested. It's basically brand new. Real good price!