1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

New Mower 34Z!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Husky03, Oct 26, 2004.

1. Husky03

Husky03 LawnSite Senior Member

After school today I went to my Gravely dealer to see what the scoop was on the 2005 models since they had told me they could not get anymore 2004 models. Come to find out somebody made a mistake and they can still order 04's. I know regardless that the 34Z is the mower that I want so I told them to order me one. After talking for a while they tell me I can try out the model at the store. I try it out and it has barely one hour on it. They tell me they can give it to me for $3500 verses $4000 new. After thinking about it I decide I would much prefer new since the mower they had was never stored indoors and some of the pulleys/hardware was rusted and it was faded in some areas from the sun. They have a very small shop so they only keep what they are working on indoors. I talked for a while and the guy told me he would call the distributor tomorrow and try to find out more about the 05 model before ordering my 04. I tell him OK and I will be expecting his call. The price in all will be $4000 for the mower plus $150 shipping plus taxes at 6% making the grand total $4390. They told me since I am in the process of having ramps built for my trailer they would take it to my house for me. I am very excited since this is now my main machine. No more walking behind a 21" :p Well anyways, I know I am probably going to hear form you guys I should have gone with the demo for $3500, but I take very good care of my stuff and I do not like the idea of it being left outside. I do not want my new mower to be prerusted before I purchase it. Granted this rust probably would not have affected anything, but I am kind of weird about keeping my equipment freakishly clean and tidy. What do you guys think? Do you guys know anything about the 05's?

Thanks... :blob3:
  2. Travis Followell

Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY

I would have bought the demo for $3500 but I can see where your coming from in wanting to go ahead and buy the brand new one. I don't know anything about the 2005 models. Try looking at their website but that probibly wont tell you much.
  3. Mo Green

Mo Green LawnSite Bronze Member

Why only a 34"? Why not get something a little bit bigger?
  4. splatz100

splatz100 LawnSite Senior Member

its one of the rare riders for gates
  5. Husky03

This mower is almost perfect for me. I would prefer it to have a 36" deck, but all I have small residentials. I would have went with the Hustler but is just not to commercial specs. Also, as I said I have NOT payed for the mower yet. I plan to pay for it tomorrow or within the next few days. I am still considering the demo, but when I am spending this much money I hate to get slightly worn. Opinions on anything welcome :)
  6. hebert&cornibe

hebert&cornibe LawnSite Member

Can you get a bagger for that 34 ztr?
  7. gogetter

gogetter Banned

How big are your properties, and do you have a lot of gates?
  8. Husky03

My biggest property is just over 10,000 sq ft. Majority are around 6-7,000. I would say about 60% of my accounts have gates. I plan to pass out cards/doorhangers next spring in larger neighborhoods to get larger accounts. I did not pass out cards to any extremely large properties this year because all I has was my JD 21"

hebert: yes it does :)
  9. proenterprises

proenterprises LawnSite Silver Member

it sounds like this will be the right machine for you, esp with gates, and it will certainly be faster than your 21" push. keep us posted and take pics!
  10. Elawncare

Elawncare LawnSite Member

You might check out encore too. They have a 34Z that looks just like the one Gravely has.