1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

New mower bad credit

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by traviswalker007, Feb 2, 2007.

1. traviswalker007

traviswalker007 LawnSite Member

Hey guys, I was wondering if anybody new how to get another ztr with really bad credit, this is my second year and i have aquired a few more accounts that will require another large ztr mower. i have enough secondary equipment i just cant seem to get a mower, ive tried to ask for payment plans but no one is biting. I can pay it off in a few months, im in illinois so if anybody can help i would greatly appreciate it, i have collartel as well.

thanks guy's.
  2. LindblomRJ

LindblomRJ LawnSite Silver Member

Might put the money in a savings account. Might have to pay cash. With savings you will be able to collect interest on the savings.

I guess your present line up equipment is good condition and getting the job done might be able to wait until mid season and purchase a nearly new ZTR for less money.
  3. Albery's Lawn & Tractor

Albery's Lawn & Tractor LawnSite Bronze Member

How bad of creidt? If you have collateral and you have contracts that are signed and show how much your expecting to bring in, usually your bank will work with you. Or try some finance companies, usually they will loan you the money (if you can prove you'll be able to repay) but the interest rate will be high (18-29%). But are going to pay it off in a few months then interest isn't that big of a deal. What type of mower are you looking for? Buy something dirt cheap on ebay to get you through and save for a new mower maybe next year.
  4. DuallyVette

DuallyVette LawnSite Gold Member

The best predictor of future behavior is past behavior
  5. LushGreenLawn

LushGreenLawn LawnSite Silver Member

Try www.prosper.com. If your credit is bad, you will pay a high rate, if your loan gets funded.

PM me if you are interested, I can give you some pointers on creating an attractive listing.
  6. cutbetterthanyou

cutbetterthanyou LawnSite Bronze Member

how about saving up, buy used in cash, use it this summer or half of this summer, then save up more after you get working, then at the end or middle of this summer take the cash plus trade and just buy the new one out right.maybe you can do it this way for a couple of years till your cerdit getts wiped clean
  7. dekalb lawn man

dekalb lawn man LawnSite Member

My credit pretty much sucks too. Have you tried Sheffield Financial LLC. They are big and will finance just about anybody in the green industry.
  8. bigjeeping

bigjeeping LawnSite Senior Member

one word: cosigner.
  9. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

You could, as a borrower, try this method:

It's a bit of a long shot, but the lenders there apparently like funding business owners.
    Other than one more credit check (which might not help) and your time, it doesn't cost anything to apply.
  10. WJW Lawn

WJW Lawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Yea...people aren't ever young and then change as they grow older and mature. I mean...do you make the same mistakes now as you made when you were 13?