New Mower: Deere, Gravely, Toro, Husky, Ferris

Discussion in 'Industry Surveys & Polls' started by jeeperscrow, Mar 5, 2014.

?

Which mower?

1. John Deere 920M

16 vote(s)
    34.8%
  2. Gravely 252

15 vote(s)
    32.6%
  3. Toro 3000

6 vote(s)
    13.0%
  4. Husqvarna PZ54

2 vote(s)
    4.3%
  5. Ferris IS2000

7 vote(s)
    15.2%
  1. weeze

weeze LawnSite Fanatic

i have basically the same mower. a z920a. use Oregon G6 blades and you will be amazed at the difference it makes. they are cheaper than stock blades and do a better job and they make the engine bog down less in thicker stuff.

2. jeeperscrow

jeeperscrow LawnSite Senior Member

Machine pics are over here http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=421159 Wow, it looked so shiny a few weeks ago :laugh:

Don't really have good cut pics yet. The difference though between it and the homeowner z225 I used last summer is amazing! I mean I am so happy with it right now. It did take a little while to realize that it will knock over anything you bump into, but now that I'm getting the hang of it I really really love it!

Last edited: Apr 13, 2014
  3. jeeperscrow

I was just studying up on the blades a few days ago and someone else I believe mentioned trying those...think it was Ridin Green. He also had some tricks to make it stripe better. I haven't had time for playing with it yet, but I hope to soon when things die down a bit.

4. Triman2196

Triman2196 LawnSite Member

I did a lot of research before buying a new mower and talked to a lot of people I bought a bad boy mower and you get way more bang for you buck with theses mowers and the decks are built like tanks love mine if you have a dealer close you should at least take a look

5. jeeperscrow

I've heard some negative things about the Bad Boy line, or actually not heard but read on here.