New Mower Dilemma

Discussion in 'Marketplace' started by Fwilamosky, May 16, 2011.

1. Fwilamosky

Fwilamosky LawnSite Senior Member

Hello I need either a new 48' walk behind or a 52' ztr. I have used exmark mainly and need advice on buying anything other than exmark. I need your opinion on a new walk behind(has to be hydro) and ztr and that has to be 52'. My accounts are residential and keep me busy. I have looked into bobcat a lot but need advice asap
  2. Oakleaf landscape

Oakleaf landscape LawnSite Senior Member

Well I would look at Wright. They make an amazing mower. Bullitt proof.

FINELAWNS LawnSite Member

For a walk behind, the best is Scag. Not cheap, but it is the best.
  4. tjjn06

tjjn06 LawnSite Member
    from Ohio

If your really busy, go demo the two previous (Wright & Scag). Demoed the Scag V-Ride. Loved it.

Bobcat is good for small or start up operations. It can't handle running 5 - 8 hours on the meter a day. If you are just using it for a secondary machine or light use, it would be a good choice (they are a great value).

Not sure about the Wright (heard a lot of good stuff) but the bobcat can't come close to the Scag's Velocity Plus deck in cut quality, especially in wet and/or thick grass.
  5. Shasta Lake Landscaping

Shasta Lake Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

Look at ferris and snapperpro, these are what we run and they for sure handle 8+hrs on the meter a day.
  6. docjones

docjones LawnSite Member
    from WV

how come u r getting away from exmarks?
  7. jdutcher003

jdutcher003 LawnSite Member

I feel you cannot beat snapper pro or ferris walk behinds. As for zero turns I would strongly consider those as well. Ferris and snapper pro leave a great cut. People under estimate snapper pro, but I have found it to be great and leave a cut that can contend with the others out there
  8. Fwilamosky

Fwilamosky LawnSite Senior Member

I got a new 48in snapper pro and a grass gobbler for a total of 4400. a great deal in my mind