New mower -- need help w/buying decision

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by rootytalbot, Mar 16, 2013.

1. Snyder's Lawn Inc

Snyder's Lawn Inc LawnSite Platinum Member

50 yrs old and you want to buy a stand on mower.
    Your knees and back wont like them standon mowers very long

2. JCLawn and more

JCLawn and more LawnSite Fanatic
    from MI

You could buy a nice ferris ztr for those prices and be lot more easy on your body.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. SIWEL

SIWEL LawnSite Senior Member

Personally I would go for the 48" v-ride. They have made some changes to them this year and I like what they have done. I currently run all scags, but I think the exmark has a nicer cut most of the time. The v ride will def be the fastest and I think is a great machine for residential work because of the agility and speed of it.

4. Rvldesign

Rvldesign LawnSite Member

The standers are easier on knees and back versus walkbehind and are in my opinion
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. rootytalbot

rootytalbot LawnSite Senior Member

Went to get the v ride today - stupid dealer wanted 200 dollars more money - I said, how could the price change in two days - we figured it wrong the first time. I'm Not doing business with them.
    There is another dealer that quoted same price I got two days ago over the phone - its a longer drive, but there is another closer place that I can count on for service.

Buying a new mower is a brutal experience where I live. Hyenas, all of them (dealers).