New mower prices, GREAT DEALS!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by nobagger, Mar 19, 2007.

1. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

I just got my new Turf mag. and I came across this ad for zero turn mowers....."zero-turns.com" They gave me a assembled and delivered price of $7779.00, thats more than a $500 dollar savings from my local dealer. I called around to 3 other dealers who sell Exmark's and they said my dealer's price of $8250.00 cant be beat, well, I guess they were wrong. Plus there was no sales tax. So if I go with "zero-turns.com" I look to save almost 1k.

2. Billy Joe Mcguffee

Billy Joe Mcguffee LawnSite Member

I would buy fast. Most of the big boys frown on discount internet sales eating into the profits of the local dealers. I'm guessing these guys will disappear not quite as fast as they appeared.

3. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

I'm always looking for a bargin but I think I would buy local for only $1000. I aways talk to the local dealers (owner) and they will usually come through with a price I can live with and of course you have to have it serviced so it's nice to have a good relationship with a dealer you can count on.

4. crzymow

crzymow LawnSite Senior Member
    from Pa

Dont forget to pay your use tax on the mower.

5. Mowman16

Mowman16 LawnSite Senior Member

I just got a deal on a Lazer XS.....$9,999 Triton 66 & 31 Vanguard (at a local dealer):hammerhead:

6. haybaler

haybaler LawnSite Senior Member
    from ma

ya, be carefull. most states are making you pay sales tax for items you purchased out of state on the internet.

7. haybaler

from ma

ya, buy from the local guy. if you don't they will go out of business and then you'll have to wait for the ups guy for your parts all the time and fix everything yourself. also when you buy from the local guy they go out of your way to get your mower gowing asap. one time the starter went on my husky and no one had one, it was a friday and I would have lost 5 days of mowing, so he took one of a brand new machine he had and he only charged me his cost for it.

8. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

I'm all about dealer support as I stated months ago in another post but when we're talking possibly 1k or more in savings to me thats a different story. How is it that this company can sell for so much cheaper then a dealer? or is the dealer still holding back. I understand the whole "volume buying" thing but how or why would Exmark hang their dealer's out to dry by allowing another company to sell for these prices. Its not only Exmark's, they offer Gravely,Toro and Ferris. Again I'm all for supporting a local guy but I dont think they would help me out with a payment if I was running short that month.

9. haybaler

from ma

no, he said 500 and then he thinks he's gonna get out of paying sales tax(he's not) you can lose 500 buck in mowing really quick when your mowers down. dealers don't even want to do warranty work if you didn't buy it there

10. cward

cward LawnSite Member

I'm with tacoma and haybaler, support your dealer. They (the dealer's) will remember how you purchased your machine when you need them the most. I don't mess with my Exmark dealer to much about his price. Everytime I have a mower issue, he always comes through for me. You can't put a price on that. I guess that is where the extra $500-1000 comes into play.