New Mower project!!

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by KrayzKajun, Mar 24, 2008.

1. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

picked this up from my Aunt. It was bought new by my Uncles dad, back yeasr ago, my uncle took possesion of it after his dad died. Well my Uncle was killed by a drunk driver in Feb of 2007. The mower has sat since then. The weekend he was killed he had jus taken the deck off to replacethe pulleys. I decided to bring it back to life! Put a lil blood, sweat and tears into it!~ It has a 12hp diesel!!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. lawnpro2210

lawnpro2210 LawnSite Member

make sure you post some pics of what it looks like when its finished,

3. THRIFTY2

THRIFTY2 LawnSite Member
    from KANSAS

Looks like a fun toy to tinker with, especially with the diesel! You should clean it up, then run it on grease/vege-oil!! Post pics when she's all dolled up!

4. deereman

deereman LawnSite Senior Member
    from USA

Hey good for you , make sure and take some pics of it when you are thru! That does look like a good project to do. Will definently have some sentimental value too! Have fun!

5. TomberLawn

TomberLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

My grandfather has one just like that! I had to change the deck belt on it a couple years ago...talk about a job! The gearbox has to come off, of course, and being as old as these things are, it didn't want to come off. I ended up having to drill out the bolts because they were so rusted and rounded, and then drill new holes and put in new hardware. I liked mowing with it after I fixed it. It'll chug some black smoke in the thick stuff.

6. KrayzKajun

Havin a hard time finding a service manual for it!

7. deere615

deere615 LawnSite Fanatic

Looks like a fun project, definetly post pics!

8. KrayzKajun

prolly start tearing it apart this weekend!!

9. Turf Commando

Turf Commando LawnSite Bronze Member

Looks good after all those years....enjoy fixing HISTORY sorry about your loss of Uncle ...Joe

10. ericlemson

ericlemson LawnSite Member

Thats horrible about your uncle...hope that person who hit him is behind bars for a while. My condolences.

The mower looks like a great weekend project. Keep us updated!