1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

new mower purchase opinions needs....

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by esshaki, Dec 21, 2005.

1. esshaki

esshaki LawnSite Member

Just wonder what every think about this situation i have, im looking to add new equipment 2006 season, i already know for sure im gonna go with 2 more Ferris 52" walkbehinds, but im considering purchasing a ztr and was wondering between a Ferris IS 3000 and Hustler Super Z with the XR 7 Deck, so far i have read alot of good things about both mowers, and just wanted feedback from anyone who cares to share.
  2. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

We run exclusively Ferris for the past 12 years now (52 and 61 inch WB's, 61 and 72 inch Z's). We have a couple of the IS3000's and love them. As for Hustler, lots of guys here on LS love them as well. Maybe you need to demo both to get a good feeling for what you want to buy.
  3. Travis Followell

Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY

I like things about both mowers. The Ferris rides better and doesn't scalp as much due to the suspension but I think when it comes to the deck the new XR-7 is much better than the Ferris deck even though I havn't used one. We have used our IS 3000 for one season and love it.
  4. South Florida Lawns

South Florida Lawns LawnSite Platinum Member
    from usa

Why not set up a demo of both brands? Then you can compare features and cut quality.
  5. esshaki

esshaki LawnSite Member

i have already tried the super z and the is 3000 early this year, but the xr7 deck i just recently heard about and really would like to see quality of the cut, i know the ferris is a very well built machine, i was gonna purchase last season, but figure it would probaly be better to get new equipment during the 2006 season, thanks for the help