1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

New mower purchase

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by MRGreenstuff, Apr 18, 2005.

1. MRGreenstuff

MRGreenstuff LawnSite Member

Hi guys,
    I have been reading this great forum all winter long and am ready to purchase my first COMMERCIAL mower. I have narrowed it down to the Lesco 48 or the Super Duty Quick 36, these will fit into my budget. Would size of deck 48 verses 36 make that big of difference? Have a lesco dealer within 15 mile, Quick 36 1hr away. Single hydro is a plus over belt. Am i missing anything else? If this were your first purchase and you know what you know now which would you choose?
  2. Metro Lawn

Metro Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

With a choice of the two, I would go with the Lesco. Even with it being a belt drive, I think the quality will be better as well as a larger cut.
  3. jpp

jpp LawnSite Silver Member

I would also consider how many gates of backyards you need to get into. That would be a one of the things to take into consideration when buying either of them.

If gates are not a problem then I would go with the 48 inch for better productivity. The more grass you can cover the more yards you can take on.

4. Tvov

Tvov LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CT

Time wise, the 48" will get much more mowing done than 36". There is a big difference. I would go with the closer dealer, besides the fact that Lesco makes good machines.
  5. man of stihl

man of stihl LawnSite Senior Member

i was gonna buy a 48 belt.. but i went with the 36 bcuz of gates.. and no scalping. it only takes a few more passes over a 48" i would really like to have a 48 and a 36 but..... i need more money lol
  6. mikestr

mikestr LawnSite Member
    from Toronto

I took the Q36 for a test drive the other day and bought one. Should be coming in the next week or 2. Nice machine for the $$