1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

New Mower ...Thoughts and Opinions

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by J&JPROPERTY, May 1, 2002.

J&JPROPERTY LawnSite Member

Looking for a new ZTR , we have demo'd Toro (62" SFS deck was really disappointing), Bobcat, Great Dane, Exmark....etc.

Now for your honest opinions, narrowed it down to Great Dane - 25 Kaw, 61" deck , Chariot
    Exmark Lazer 25 Kaw, 60" deck

Prices are comparable and I know most people favor Exmark, just looking for good and bad on both.
  2. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

eXmark is on this forum, so you can always find them.
    Awesome customer service from all the factory guys.
    Cut quality is trememdous.
  3. What Hoss said makes it hard to not choose a proven machine like Exmark.

As my sig line says "Nobody does it better"
  4. MikeLT1Z28

MikeLT1Z28 LawnSite Bronze Member

while i am sure the others are great quality machines as well, i have no experience with them. i can however also speak for exmark. you can also get the ultravac and mulch kit for the lazer, very good compliments to a great machine. one thing to consider also not brand related, how is the dealer for these two final choices? dealer support is as critical as the quality of the machines, if not more in some instances.
  5. SLS

SLS LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mars

I don't know anything about the Great Dane but when it come time to replace my 60" Lazer (or add another one to the arsenal) I will be getting another Lazer.

I only have close to 500 hours on mine but it has been an absolute joy to own. Great quality...great cut.

And in the fall the Exmark 'Micro-Mulch' system can't be beat!

I love my Lazer so much that even my wife is getting jealous. :D
  6. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

Try the Hustler Z and Super Z before you set your mind to the brands you have listed.
    I know the dealer in Dayton very well and his pricing, parts and service are second to none.
    At least demo one from him and get some pricing to compare.
    Use the search feature here, and check us out !!!
    The Hustler's are built stronger than the rest, and cut among the best !!!
    E-mail me for info about your closest dealer or look on our website.

7. chariot

chariot LawnSite Senior Member

I have a Chariot and the main complaint I have is that it rides rough. The new Chariots have a different seat from mine so this may help. This has been a great machine, I bought it in 98. I have not ever used an Exmark so I have no comparison there. I am just waiting for John Deere to screw something up on the Chariot since they now own Great Dane. I heard from someone here locally that they may start using the Deere deck on the Danes, from what people here think this will ruin this mower. I have also never used a Deere so I can only go by what those that have say.
  8. GCS LawnService

GCS LawnService LawnSite Member

I have always owned John Deere equipment and I just purchased a John Deere 757. The John Deere 757 has a 25 hp Kawasaki with a 60 inch 7 Iron Deck. I really like the mower and I purchased it for $7600.00. John Deere is running their Deere Season Special with 6.9% for 48 months.