1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

New mower

Discussion in 'LESCO' started by TJLC, Sep 4, 2006.

1. TJLC

TJLC LawnSite Bronze Member

I purchased a new Lesco 48" float deck with the new controls on 8/26/06. I paid $3499.99 + tax for the machine. Now I am hearing that they will be discontinuig these machines and selling remaining inventory for half price to get rid of them. Is this true and where does this leave me as far as what I paid for mine, 9 days ago and also as far as future part availability? Thank you for any help you can give on this.
  2. Bob West LESCO

Bob West LESCO Sponsor

TJLC -

You are correct that we have decided to discontinue this particular unit, but some of the information you heard was incorrect. Regarding parts, we will continue supplying parts for this mower for the next seven years, so that should not be a problem.

Regarding pricing, we have not reduced the unit's price by 50%. Specific pricing does will right now by market, however, as we are discounting more heavily in areas where we typically sell fewer mowers, but these decisions are made by our local store personnel. This machine generally sells for more than $5,000, so it sounds as though you saved more than 35% on yours - nice job.

I hope this answers your question - let me know if you need anything else,
  3. eupher

eupher LawnSite Member

Can you give me some idea of what parts are unique to the 54" floating deck hydro? I'm hoping a lot of the parts will still be available after 7 years because they are used on other models.

4. rider

rider LawnSite Member
    from ohio

z-two riders use the same parts so availability will still be there in the future
  5. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

48" floating deck hydro mowers are pretty popular units with exmark, scag and the other guys. Why is Lesco deciding to stop making it? Will you be eliminating the 54" floating deck model as well?