new mower

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by richard1103, Apr 23, 2007.

1. richard1103

richard1103 LawnSite Member

new mower bad taste 4 -14 bought new mower picked up on 4-17 run weak on hills pumps were loud checked fluid level it was good got back on it would not move 4-18 returned to dealer got new another new mower 4-19 called dealer told him mower was not right he thought it was good his mechanics said it bad changed colors maybe i got a ripe one this time got a bobcat 33hp
    now i have 3 of them:cool2: :cool2:

2. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Say huh?....:laugh:

Let me see if I can sort this out...

4-14 > Bought a new mower

4-17 > Picked up new mower, and the hydros went right off the bat (that's what happened).

4-18 > Returned the broken mower and got another new mower.

4-19 > Called the dealer and told him the second one wasn't right either (?)

So then you switched brands/colors to BobCat (?)

You got the 33hp Predator Pro (?) and hopefully it is good (?)

The two mowers sound like they are red or orange... Yazoo/Kees or Husqvarna...

Am I right or wrong?

3. Mow N GO 06

Mow N GO 06 LawnSite Member

Buy from the dealer you feel comfortable with. You always feel comfy on price when you are riding around in your F-250 truck or larger but how good do you feel when you break down at 3pm? Is your dealer ready to handle it? He was the the cheapest!!! NOT......WE WIN....YOU LOSE!!! Thanks for thinking of us first...hehe

4. Mow N GO 06

Mow N GO 06 LawnSite Member

BTW, you sound like a typical newbie....PITA that doesn't know S**T about operating commercial equipment....If we were your dealer, you would bet the good ol' PITA Boot. We have hundreds who can operate the equipment, Why do we need you?

We read daily, on LS.com (and laugh) at landscapers BRAG about dropping "PITA" customers. Dealers are beginning to think accordingly, PITA's are bad and we don't need them.

Its funny, you come on here and beat each other up about "low-balling" jobs but yet EACH of you walk into dealerships DAILY and make attempts to "low-ball" the dealers.......Im confused here...I really am!!!

Now, we are attempting to figure it out...we really are....You come into a dealership...you want a 60" Z Mower, you ask price, you have to finance it, you ask about service, you ask stupid questions that nobody really knows the answer to, you tie up a salesman for hours, you wanna demo, you wanna tie up more time of my peoples time, you continue to low-ball and haggle on price, we spend time on financing and getting your "shotty" credit approved, do the paperwork, get the mower ready (set-up, leveled, fluids, air-pressure, etc.) and leave THE KING....The King of mowing.....Now, 2 weeks later, you have a failure..Hmmmmm Am I hitting a nerve yet? Man-Made = Man-Failure= THE END...Man made it, NOT GOD!! Its not perfect...We are not perfect, nor the manufacturer!!!

Point, you spent and wasted approximately 4-6 hours of my guys time. You paid lets say $6700 (and I love this...."OUT THE DOOR") <---biggest Redneck saying of them all....The dealer made a Grand Whopping $500 on the deal. $500 sounds good until you factor the #1- Obviuos PITA user, #2 Time spent with buyer by salesman #3 Heard EVERY stupid comparison he had on paper to buy "the infamous other mower" #4 the few hours of set-up to get the mower ready. #5 the 2%-3% it costs us to finance because you must finance it #6 yadiyadiyadiyadi..............

Final Point- Dealers are learning quickly about PITA Commercial Users...2007 fact- More homeowners are buying commercial Z's than in history...Dealers can make more and do less by utilizing the the Consumer user.

Commercial landscape guys have left a very a very bad taste in our mouth and I'm sure 95% of all dealers in the US. Low-Ballers first, Demanding second......

Like an old analogy says: "you can't have your cake and eat it too".

If that is not simply an analogy; do this for us, STOP coming in here and BRAGGING about how much money you make....We don't and you shouldn't either.

5. richard1103

i have done lawn care for 20 years with top of the line equipment the mower was junk i sold better used mowers last week on ebay you would have thought one bad one out twenty
    i can understand 1 problems i work for a living if they dot run i do not make any money

6. Mike Blevins

Mike Blevins LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey Mow n Go I feel you on your post but do you really just make 500 dollars on a $6700.00 lawn mower deal? Seams that is alot of money to spend to make just 500 dollars.

7. Scagguy

Scagguy LawnSite Bronze Member

How much business would you have if all the "commercial landscape guys" said you were a PITA and didn't buy from you?

8. jcthorne

jcthorne LawnSite Member

Ummm.....Mow N GO.......You are posting on a "Commercial Lawn Mowing" forum about how you have a bad taste in your mouth from commercial grass cutters. Care to post the name and address of your dealership on here for all of the guys in the NC area. If your tired of dealing with the BS let everyone know on here who you are and tell them you don't want their business anymore. I'm sure most would be glad to oblidge.

9. Audrey

Audrey LawnSite Senior Member
    from Pa.

Arrogant SOB.

If you're so disinclined with the general customer base, find another line of work. Get a factory job somewhere or go work at a Sheetz. That way no one will haggle with you at all.

So you expect everyone to simply walk in, pay whatever you demand, then go away. Except of course, for when you expect them to come back and accept your service policy and pricing.

Feel free to let us know where your shop is so we can stop by.
    After that post, I'm sure no one here would intentionally stop in and waste your precious time going through the motions. :laugh:

You make less than 5% markup? IF that's all you're clearing, why do you waste your precious time even selling machines? Just stick to parts and your "exemplary" service department.

OR

You still MADE $500 after expenses. The salesman's time, and setup, etc.. are figured in as expenses. You STILL made $500.

You sure as he11 wouldn't make a nickel off of me. Attitudes such as yours do wonders for the internet mower parts trade. :usflag: :laugh:

A

10. richard1103

may be you should change jobs (may be collecting can or some to that nature)
    i could have posted what mower but i did not you probably sell the same junk
    you dumb a@@ you do not jack **** about my credit i have own bought close $400,000.00 worth of lawn equipment or more i am no new bee
    you low sob can go get a ladder and climb up it afew steps to kiss my a@@