New mower

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by GroundEffects125, Sep 11, 2007.

1. GroundEffects125

GroundEffects125 LawnSite Senior Member

Today i was mowing a yard, and the home owner came outside an asked me if i could haul away a blown up lawn mower for her so i went and looked at it and said sure.. i pulled the pull cord once and it wasnt locked up.. when i brought it home i changed the oil and put some gas in it. First pull it started up.. then went and got some purple power and looks like it just came out of the show room.. Let me know if u know anything about it. All i know was is that it was a pain in the a$$ to change the oil u had to take a plate and rease a spring.. THanks

2. GroundEffects125

sorry about picks ill retake them they looked good on the computer
  3. KTO Enterprises

KTO Enterprises LawnSite Bronze Member

I have the same one . That is a good mower.

BTW I dont know if you saw the other post I left for you. I passed you around 1:30 in Richmond Hill last saturday. It looked like you were pulling into a mower shop. Your truck and trailer look better in person than in the photo.
  4. Leaf Jockey

Leaf Jockey LawnSite Senior Member

Are you sure you grabbed the right mower? :) That thing looks pretty good.

5. lifetree

lifetree LawnSite Fanatic

Ditto on that !!
  6. GroundEffects125

yea i asked her if this was the one and she said yea... i actually think its under warranty
  7. deere615

deere615 LawnSite Fanatic

Thats a pretty sweet deal I had a home owner come too me once when I was doing some hedges and asked me if I wanted to buy a tarp for $
  8. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

Is that the Snapper EasyLine, I cannot tell from those pics! It appears you were so excited you couldnt hold the camera still!
  9. MuleCutter

MuleCutter LawnSite Member

that's a good mower. the newer ones i know are giving probs. but to change the oil you dont need to pull the belt guard off and take the drain plug out. all you need to do is lay the mower on the left side and let the oil drain out of the dipstick tube. i know a lot of people would disagree with this but the self-propel/push mower department at the shop i used to work for was my department and i was told by briggs reps that it's ok. and it does get all of the old oil out. just make sure you change it while it's hot so the oil drains out easy. that's a damn good freebie by the way :)
  10. Dunn's

Dunn's LawnSite Bronze Member

We have 4 of that mower Two where ares and the other two where at the curb for the trah it is amazing how many people throw mowers away instead of changing the gas