Lawn Care Forum banner

new mower

995 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  steve m 
#1 ·
looking to pick up a new mower in late spring have been looking at a lot of types. would like to know what everyone thinks. looking for 36in. mostly for res. lawns. i have 32 ferris hydro. and its slowing me down a little bit

thanks

#2 ·
Any of the commercial mowers are pretty good. Are you looking for another WB or a Z. Since you already have a 32, I would recommend getting a 48, either WB or Z. You will be able to use the 32 for gated yards. A 48 will have a much bigger production rate than a 32 and a 36 isn't much more productive than a 32.
If you are buying new, go with the brand that has the best dealer support for your area.

#3 ·
Check out Toro's new 44" walkbehind it may be what your looking for. I personally would advise you to get a 48" if productivity is what you wanting to increase. Unless your cutting a lot of gated yards you shouldn't need anything smaller than a 48".

#4 ·
Steve, I happen to have a 36" Bunton Hydro w/velke... I bought it new in 2005 and barely use it because I have a Bunton 48" and a Toro Z Master. The 36" is incredibly powerful with a 17hp Kawasaki engine... It maybe has 150 hours on it and runs like a champ.

#5 ·
But I agree, the 48" is more efficient than the 36". Let me know if you are interested... I'm right down the road in Rockville/Olney and if you do want a 36", you could save alot of $ with my slightly used one. I bought it new for $4,400.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.