1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

new mower

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Turf Cutters, May 20, 2002.

1. Turf Cutters

Turf Cutters LawnSite Member

I just brought a new 52" Wright Stander. How long does it take to get fairly decent with it? I have used walk behinds for the last ten years. I get frustrated trying to make striaght lines.
  2. lawnkid

lawnkid LawnSite Senior Member

My mower turns to the right a bit cause the tracking adjustment is messed up and if I try to fix it, it'll get worse. It should be pretty easy to use cause of the levers????????????????
  3. jaybird24

jaybird24 LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

Give it a couple of days to get the hang of- they are one of the easiest to get straight lines with. Knowing just how far to push it on banks and hills takes a little time, but it is a great machine. They are the most versatile machines you can buy , I think. They track lice a ztr yet have the ability to fit into tighter spaces, you dont want to mow open areas all day with them, but Ive found on most lawns I can make better time with my 52 stander than my 61 ztr