New Mower

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Lawnboy5, Mar 10, 2003.

1. Lawnboy5

Lawnboy5 LawnSite Member

Hello All, I use Exmark lazers for cutting but I want to buy a hydro walk behind this year for some smaller accounts. What do guys like out there for 48" walk behinds?

2. Husker1982

Husker1982 LawnSite Senior Member

Well if you use all Exmark then I would say buy one of them. Good cut, okay price and will match all your other equipment. I had an exmark 48 hydro and liked it very much. How ever I no longer use exmark so my 48 WB is alittle prettier now. lol :D

3. Exmark makes a great wb. One of the best in the business.Has a great quality cut. Plus very smooth machine.

4. Mark

Mark LawnSite Senior Member

You might want to check out the Scag Walkbehinds also, Ive ran both and the Scag JIMO has a better cut, but there riders cut don't come close to the exmark Zs....Marks Mowing Service Ps in the late 90s the scags didn't outcut the exmark walks but since then there cut is awesome,

5. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

I have an Exmark TTHP 36" that is great for me. Why not stay with Exmark?

6. mowngrow

mowngrow LawnSite Senior Member

we run toro and exmark and nothing negative to say about either
    try them all and then buy what you like

7. fatboy5803

fatboy5803 LawnSite Senior Member

I have a Scagg 36" W/B and it's a good unit for me. It's best to check'em all out and decide. I would consider keeping the same Brand.. Good Luck.....

Lou :cool:

8. longviewlawncare

longviewlawncare LawnSite Senior Member

i run a scag, a lesco, and a ferris. I am trading the ferris and the scag for a exmark 48" tthp tm. The scag gives a good cut, the lesco gives and excellent cut but tyhe controls are a b*tch. the ferris has good controls but has a major blowout problem with no solution. Everyone in my area i sslowly but surely swicting to exmark.

9. Lawnboy5

Lawnboy5 LawnSite Member

Thank You very much fro all the info :)

10. IBGreen

IBGreen LawnSite Senior Member

I'd stay with eXmark, the metro I got to demo was a great machine.