New mower

Discussion in 'Florida Lawn Care Forum' started by Elite_cuts, Jul 8, 2014.

1. Elite_cuts

Elite_cuts LawnSite Member

I know there is a ton of posts on this subject but I also know that things change like the seasons.
    I am looking to get another 50' or so mower; give or take an inch or two. I currently have a 60' dixie classic and love it never had hardly any maintenance issues and I have about 1k hours on it. However my dealer is leaning away from them due to the issues with jacobsen. Some of my other lawn care friends swear by Wright standers but wanted to get everyones opinion. The dealer around here sells, Toro, exmark, scag, hustler, Wright, gravely and Big dog. Wanting to get a really good cut for a decent price. Any help would due appreciated.
  2. billslawn89

billslawn89 LawnSite Bronze Member

SCAG "Simply The Best "
  3. pdreibels

pdreibels LawnSite Senior Member

Amen. I'm lovin every minute on my new cheetah
    Posted via Mobile Device
  4. 01thump

01thump LawnSite Member
    from orlando

Gravely or Scag two of the best my two cents..
  5. CowboysLawnCareDelaware

CowboysLawnCareDelaware LawnSite Senior Member
    from DE

I mow mainly fescue in Delaware and I have been pleased with my Hustler X-one 60". I currently have 260 hours on the machine since I purchased it new last June.

6. Dr. Cornwallis

Dr. Cornwallis LawnSite Senior Member

I have a Gravely PT 148 and love it. If I was you I'd be looking at a PT 252 or 460. As others have said scag is also great and so is Exmark. Where are you located? If in the Tampa/Brandon area to see Tony at Grass Pro Shops in Brandon.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  7. RonWin

RonWin LawnSite Senior Member

Have a turf tiger that's treated me well, minus the bagger tube that deteriorates ffrom sagging onto the drive wheel. Pitiful engineering on scag part with ttheir bagging system. They have these new "guards" or plastic sleeves they place over the bagger tube in a half fast effort to keep the tube from being cut through.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  8. zturncutter

zturncutter LawnSite Bronze Member

Says it all !
  9. southerntide

southerntide LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Alabama

Deere's 7 Iron Pro deck is the best deck in industry for cut right now I have to say never misses a blade of grass tall, wet, dry doesn't matter, Gravely XF2 is awesome good cut the baffles are issues for some seem dumb to me 3 baffles with multiple bolts to much adjusting, Scag is great to from research I have looked over for a good while only unit I have yet to test.
  10. Gravely Commercial

Gravely Commercial Inactive

If you have any questions on the Gravely machines please let us know. Did the dealer mention a possible demo of one? Thank You