New Mower

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by WINGNUT, Mar 16, 2005.

1. WINGNUT

WINGNUT LawnSite Member

Well, I went ahead and really did it this time....I just bought a Hustler Super Walkbehind--48"/23hp....Last season I only had the JD 36" w/ a Trac-vac and a Toro self prop. trimming mower. I hope this 48" will speed things up a bit.

I had to get their catcher 'cause I couldn't find an aftermarket one that would fit and I bought their velke, too.

Anybody have any experience with this mower yet? Just trying to figure out what to expect....thanks

2. captken

captken LawnSite Bronze Member

good brand...now search the archive!

3. WINGNUT

WINGNUT LawnSite Member

I did and that's one reason I bought the mower. I didn't know if there was something new I hadn't heard of yet.

Your exclamation point was not necessary.

4. Mo Green

Mo Green LawnSite Bronze Member

Where did you buy it? Was it that place off of Laburnum?

5. captken

I know how enthusiastic you must feel right about now.....you got a good mower. Good luck with it. If you have any questions or any problems the company will take care of you. PJ bends over back-wards for us on the Hustler forum.
    Good luck with your mower, its a beast!
    I'm sorry I just don't know what can be said that hasn't already been said.
    kenny

6. WINGNUT

WINGNUT LawnSite Member

Yep. Right beside the fairgrounds.

7. Mo Green

Mo Green LawnSite Bronze Member

Congrats on your purchase. Enjoy.... payup

8. captken

:) I have Jungle Jim's. They articulate and are not a good choice for my Hustler 37". When you reverse the machine, it is hard to back up with this sulky. You can do it, but it takes practice. It does not bother me now, but was a concern when new. Also,
    When you step off the sulky to reverse the machine they pivot around and come in contact with the mower's frame, locking the wheel sideways when it comes into contact with the frame and tearing the turf.

Sorry bout my post, :angel: guess I'm just bored with this weather we are having in the Mid South. :realmad: Backed up work, rain tonight=another job I have to put off... :dizzy:
    Anyway, I'm glad your here, post some pictures and give us your input on your new money maker. payup I would like to hear what you have to say after working it for the first time, tell us what you think about that awesome machine. Love that H-bar.
    Kenny.

9. Hacksquat

Hacksquat LawnSite Member

Congrats on the new purchase.

10. specialtylc

specialtylc LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a 37 hustler with the factory bagger. I think its one of the best bag designs out there.