New mowers today!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Creative Lawn Care, Apr 14, 2004.

1. Creative Lawn Care

Creative Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member
    from NC

2. Creative Lawn Care

from NC

Ok so that wasnt much of a post above....not sure why it submitted??? Anyway I am solo and have been running a Exmark Lazer Z HP 48 inch only. But today I found a deal too good to pass up. I bought a 98 Bobcat 48 inch hydro walkbehind, looks like new and a 98 walker 48 inch GHS with only 674 hours. I know some of your opinions are not good of the walker but I like them and they are very popualr around here. I feel like I have a mower for most every application, except for large area mowing. I bought these mowers from the original owner. They were not used comercially and were serviced by the shop he bought them at. I got both mowers for $7000. SO you think I did ok?

3. shorty7616

shorty7616 LawnSite Member

Only 674 hours?

4. Creative Lawn Care

from NC

I dont think thats bad hours at all for a 98. My exmark is a 2003 with 490 hours

5. Evermow

Evermow LawnSite Member

I wish I could run up on a deal like that.

6. landscapingpoolguy

landscapingpoolguy LawnSite Senior Member

I have an exmark with 230 hours for $5500.00 for sale

7. triadncman

triadncman LawnSite Member

Sounds like a mighty fine deal to me, neighbor.

8. Creative Lawn Care

from NC

Hey Triad

I see we are very close. How is your season going so far? We are playing catch up hard from the rain earlier this week.

9. triadncman

triadncman LawnSite Member

We just got in from a long one today, but tommorrow should be smooth. I only have about 17 regulars right now with a few half steppers wanting me to let it grow a extra week or 2 to save money, you know the type. Until the schedule gets full I have to deal with that kinda stuff. Were growing a little everyday.

10. Creative Lawn Care

from NC

Ok guys I have a question about the new bobcat walkbehind. Of course the guy I got it from didnt have the owners manual. I want to lower the deck height. I see the spacers on the front is that all I have to do to change the height? The john deere walkbehind I used to have had four adjustments. Seems the deck could not cut level if its not straight? I could be wrong though. Thanks in advance for your answers.