New Mowers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by huntlawncare, Feb 3, 2008.

1. huntlawncare

huntlawncare LawnSite Member

went to the NC farm show and i had a couple ??? if anyone on here run Snapper Pros or Dixie Chopper i currently run jds with the 7 iron deck just wondering how they stack up and i do know there is a price differance the ones i was looking at was with the 72 deck

2. jpmako

jpmako LawnSite Senior Member

Are you saying your not happy with the 7 Irons?

3. huntlawncare

huntlawncare LawnSite Member

no im not sayng that at all i just never really got to really check these mowers out real well and i seen them at the show and the snapper looked like the deck depth is not comperable to other commercial mowers and i did like the dixie chopper but im just wondering about the cut because there big thing is the speed but i was just looking into getting some price$ but i love my jd and the service i get.

4. jpmako

jpmako LawnSite Senior Member

Okay I was just wondering because some people have expressed that they were not overly thrilled with the cut of the 7 Iron in southern grasses.
    I am extremely happy with mine. I only know of two Dixies around here used by an old school district and I can attest that they are fast but from the words of my friend who is an everride dealer and has seen every kind of mower in his shop Dixies Suck. That was just his opinion I am sure that you will get many different opinions on here.

Jason

5. Swampy

Swampy LawnSite Bronze Member

Your not going to get a straight answer on here. It's either going to be "their great" or "they suck donkey @*%$". I like toro's so I'm biased, but your best option is to just demo one and see what its like.