New mowing pattern

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mowerbrad, Jul 2, 2008.

1. mowerbrad

mowerbrad LawnSite Fanatic

As I was mowing today I was thinking that I need to do something cool for 4th of July. So I came up with the idea to mow my front yard in the pattern of an American Flag. I haven't seen anything like that I my area so it might turn out kinda cool. That will be my task for Friday.

2. hockeypro1411

hockeypro1411 LawnSite Senior Member

soo basically go across the yard and stripe it normally and cut the last few rows short? could be cool if you actually cram 50 stars in the corner

3. billslawn89

billslawn89 LawnSite Bronze Member

pictures of course!

4. mowerbrad

I'm not going to do all 50 stars but where those stars would normally be I will be doing one large star to fill that area. There will be 13 stripes though just like the actual flag.

5. mowerbrad

Definately pictures. Hopefully it turns out how I invision it to.

6. hockeypro1411

i think it would be hard to do. depending what size mower you have and how big the yard is you're not going to get 13 even stripes. hm. i like the 1 big star idea though. its classy

7. mowerbrad

I did the calculations and I should be able to get 13.6 stripes for the flag so I will have to do something with that .6 of a stripe

8. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

get a sod cutter and just cut the left over .6 stripe out all together. :D

9. hockeypro1411

just go the same direction on the last 2 or 3 n make em just a little bigger.

10. mowerbrad

I'm not so worried about that extra .6 stripe but the real trick will be to get that star done nicely. With all of those points I might have to do some of it with the trimmer and then fab up a hand striper to help make the star stand out. Any ideas that would make a good striper for the star?