New Name!!!do You Like It

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by bigexpo, Aug 2, 2006.

1. bigexpo

bigexpo LawnSite Member

The Lawn Lizard. hahaha.

well along with a lizard on a rock (which is kinda cute lol.)
    on my magnet for my truck what should i put on there besides the name and logo. im going to cut lawns deliver mulch, pick up yard waste if neccissary, and deliver rocks.

2. Team-Green L&L

Team-Green L&L LawnSite Bronze Member

Sometimes I can help huh? Here, this one's free. If you need more help. Just PM me.

Lizard Logo lawnsite.jpg

3. GardnerLandscaping

GardnerLandscaping LawnSite Senior Member

Are you insured by Geico?

Does have a Jimmy Buffet image to the name. Not sure if you want that.

Gecko Gardener?

4. bigexpo

bigexpo LawnSite Member

that si not my logo it was just an idea he had mine will be way diffrent. im going to hand draw it and hand it off to someone who can put it on paper,better than i can. i have like a 100 drawings of my design on paper

5. GardnerLandscaping

I take it you all know each other?

Good graphics work. The posted logo is very attractive for advertising material such as on a brochure or Web site. It is an aggressive design, but it seems like it would scale well for everything. Better logo work than I've seen seniors enrolled at a fine arts college do.

It is nice to see the blend of technical and art talents in this industry.

6. Team-Green L&L

Thanks for the compliment. I cheated a little, but I do that quality of design. I don't know him, but I'm trying to sell a few logos for some side cash if possible.

7. GardnerLandscaping

If we didn't rip a little, we would always be inventing the wheel and wouldn't be a civilized society. Just don't rip too much. Know the copyright law. It is freely available everywhere online to learn.

8. Team-Green L&L

My stuff is safe from copyright infringement. I only use ideas.

9. Team-Green L&L

This one you CAN NOT use, but it will show you the types of things I can do to enhance the logo.

Nicholas.jpg

10. GardnerLandscaping

I like the logo, especially the graphic in the top right. the use of color/boldness, and layout of the lettering and graphics. You seem to have mastered the "Z" pattern of layout whether intentional or intuitively.

I'd remove the 3 spheres since 3D is not really desired in a 2D logo/media and since they distract more than bond the logo into a shape. The joined tag line with "Lawns" looks a little odd. I would kern/scale the fonts more to leave a space. Font might be a little too jagged/straight for landscaping where curvature is preferred but it isn't too out of place especially with the graphic, color, and layout.

The 3D in the other logo was aggressive but put together well in a tasteful composition.