New name idea!!! KEGZ Lawn & Landscape Rescue

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by rusty_keg_3, Jan 15, 2012.

1. rusty_keg_3

rusty_keg_3 LawnSite Bronze Member

Well, ive been away for a while. Some might remember how i worked with my big brother. But got out of the biz, because working with him wasn't working for me.

Right now im pulling wrenches (mechanic lol) at my local Chevy dealer. But i know i don't wanna do that **** forever haha.

So another thing is im now a Volunteer Firefighter, and really enjoy it, and am starting my EMT classes in a week...

So i was thinking about a potential business...

"KEGZ Lawn & Landscape Rescue" I was thinking put a stripe on my truck, and an emblem and number (like Engine number)... I really think that it would stand out, keep my truck squeaky clean, and my equip...

Hell, as it is im an Exmark guy. I could put some vinyl on them and number them too.

What you guys think?

Ill post my FD's logo, and the one i whipped up in Paint...

Just a rough draft lol, and brain storming... And as it is in a few weeks ill be getting my light bar, so that would just add to the whole affect. And if the idea took off, i would just put amber light bars on future trucks...

emblem.jpg

Idea with people.JPG

2. deere615

deere615 LawnSite Fanatic

Hmm different I kinda like it, its not something I would name my business but I like it! Its different than Lawn enforcement which I have seen used multiple times

3. MowingMowingMowing

MowingMowingMowing LawnSite Senior Member
    from Midwest

Not a fan of the name...

4. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

I'm always up for off the wall names but, I don't like this one. Sounds like a fireman working for beer money! (Not knocking fireman, was a paid operator for 3yrs and have been a volunteer for 9yrs.)
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. DIXIECONTRACTING

DIXIECONTRACTING LawnSite Senior Member
    from NY

Not Kegs sounds unprofessional nobody wants a drunk using equipment at their house especially with sharp blades.

6. ralph02813

ralph02813 LawnSite Bronze Member

Not sure about the name, how do other guys at the fire station feel about you ripping off their logo!

7. GreenI.A.

GreenI.A. LawnSite Silver Member

There is a guy I know who is also a paramedic, company is named Turf Medic, his lettering and fonts are simular to what is seen on most ambulances. As far as your name goes, if you are going to go with the fire department theme then I would change your name to something more fitting, maybe replace KEGZ with the name of the area you work in?

As far as the name Kegz, we have a KEG landscape in MA, and I always think about a keg of beer when ever I hear his name. I think the KEG stands for his kids names