New Name

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by atv220chris, Jun 1, 2008.

1. atv220chris

atv220chris LawnSite Member

OK this is one of my first times posting a new thread...so hear i go... When I first started out i did not think i was going to get this big and have over 25 accounts. i started off with a old lawn man 21" mower and a 28" snapper a 4x8 trailer that i got for free and my dads weed-eater and blower. now i have a 36" toro belt driven floating deck mower, a Fs 90, a 5x10 trailer, a cheap backpack blower, and a troy built 21" mower. i started off with a friend :hammerhead: and that was my first mistake we are no longer friends and don't even talk and the second mistake that i made was the name that i chose it is "Get Er Done Lawn" now that i am going to go 100% legit i want to get a good name i have come up with C&F lawn care "my name is Christopher Allen Friedman" and i think that it sounds better with an & if you have any suggestions i would greatly appreciate them thanks

2. C&K

C&K LawnSite Senior Member
    from East TN

Friedman Lawn Care

3. capnsac

capnsac LawnSite Senior Member

Christopher's Helicopter Lawn Service
    chopping your lawn like a chopper

4. atv220chris

i have thought of that but i don't know if it is because it is my last name or what but i think it sounds weird

5. C&K

C&K LawnSite Senior Member
    from East TN

It's because it is your name. Most Gen contractors use their name. If you do good work it actually is a good idea. It helps with your networking. Personal and professional contacts will be able to relate you to your company and it makes it easier for someone to find you.

6. Frontier-Lawn

Frontier-Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

well its good as long if your last name is not Shyster. :laugh:

7. atv220chris

ok that sounds good thanks for the help guys

8. capnsac

capnsac LawnSite Senior Member

what about my idea for a name?

9. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

C&F just doesn't sound right. It's not Chris & Friedman lawn care. Maybe consider CF lawn service or Friedman lawn service.

10. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

Look around your town, see what the trend is, most people around my town use there last name, sometimes it works sometimes it doesnt,

Remember Mrs. Smith's Pies..... There is no Mrs. Smith.
    Little Debbie's snack cakes........There is no Little Debbie...

Good Luck