New neighbor asked for a bid, gave it but someone else was picked...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by KirbysLawn, Jul 4, 2003.

1. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

You just have to love it when things work out this way. I have a property i have done for 3 years now. His neighbor moved in and asked for a bid which I promply submitted.

The following week a new LCo was there mowing the grass, I guess I can assume I didn't get the bid.lol

Anyway, here are a few photos of the lawns side-by side, the lawn I maintain would be the dark green one on the right.:)

simpson side 7-3-03.jpg

2. KirbysLawn

Here is another view of the lawns, sure hope he is happy with the savings, you see the strip on the left I maintain and the rest is done by the other co, the color difference is even more obvious in person.

simpson side 7-3-03 from road.jpg

3. KirbysLawn

Here is a shot around the beds of the other lawn, it might be a good idea to switch mowers soon, the tires are making a ditch in the ground, it's about 3-4" below grade in this area...

trench.jpg

4. KirbysLawn

I also found this entertaining. The big national co did this, look at the circles in the lawn...what are they?? They are pieces of sod, sod that is 3" above the rest of the lawn. Is this a new style of crop circles? I just wonder how they plan on mowing and keeping the edges alive and why were they not layed at grade level??

Wow.

tru green sign.jpg

5. vipermanz

vipermanz LawnSite Bronze Member

i have to admit it Ray, every lawn i've seen from you is a very healthy looking turf, Maybe you should get a sign that says "This lawn Maintained By The Owner Of Union Turf" lol, let people judge the difference!!:)

6. Lazer_Z

Lazer_Z LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

KirbysLawn i have a question what height was this other guy mowing at because in your firs pic i see a big difference and one more thing if i were the homeowner of the lawn you matain i would sing your praises all over town nice job

7. Lawn-Scapes

Lawn-Scapes LawnSite Silver Member

Ray.. if you were maintaining it for 3 years.. why is there big a color difference?

8. ULTIMATE LAWN

ULTIMATE LAWN Banned
    from AL

9. mower_babe

mower_babe LawnSite Senior Member

Lawnscapes, I think he was saying that HE has been maintaining said property for 3years and a new guy moved in next door and asked for a bid, but he didn't win it. I don't think he is saying that he originally had the neighbors account. That is what I got out of it.

Ray, it is beautiful. What are you mowing at? Here it is impossible to mow above 3"-in fact it is usually requested at 2.5"---can't convince the homeowners otherwise.

Ultimate, if we mention that you sent us, will we get a discount off of the spray?jk

10. Lbilawncare

Lbilawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

We have a lady who lives next to seven lawns in a row that we maintain. Every year for the last five she has called us in the spring very excited about getting a bid to mow her lawn and provide 6 weed control and fert apps. Every year, we give her the same reasonable price for both and she says she'll get back to us if she is interested, never to hear from her. Then we drive by and she gives us dirty looks one week, and a friendly wave the next. I don't know what her deal is, but I'm not going to do her 11,000 sq ft lawn for $20. She continues to have her kids mow it and it looks like ****, their 21" mower isn't self-propelled either. I just look at it as one more wacko we don't have to deal with. LB