new neighborhood (for me)

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by corey4671, Mar 8, 2008.

1. corey4671

corey4671 LawnSite Silver Member

what would you guys bid. many of you helped greatly last week with the bid I had. Most of your estimates were right in line with where I thought the property should be. Now I'm asking your opinion again. thanks in advance!

baker springs.jpg

2. Albery's Lawn & Tractor

Albery's Lawn & Tractor LawnSite Bronze Member

What are you bidding on? The entire community or just one house? Whats all involved?

3. corey4671

sorry. got a little ahead of myself. not even sure which house it is yet. got an email from customer. for all intensive purposes we'll say the typical mow trim edge and blow. I hope to go and physically see the property tomorrow and walk it. If possible I'll get some pics as well. judging from the photos, most of these look about the same size although a few do appear to have fenced in backyards. Seems as though most are roughly .2 acres including the house. The property in question I already know is a 1750 sq ft house just from pulling up the property tax data. Thanks for pointing out my ommission of pertinent information! :clapping:

4. KS_Grasscutter

KS_Grasscutter LawnSite Gold Member

They all look like $27 to $30 lawns to me...

5. corey4671

great minds must think alike...I was thinking the same thing!! keep it coming guys. I would LOVE to get into this neighborhood. Most of the yards I have would hold like six of these things!

6. Albery's Lawn & Tractor

Albery's Lawn & Tractor LawnSite Bronze Member

Well we do a lot of 10 day cuts just like those and we get $100 per month. Ususally in and out by myself in 25-30 minutes each, with help 15-20.

7. riverwalklandscaping

riverwalklandscaping LawnSite Senior Member

you have to know which house first, some could have a gate bigger than others, changing wich mower you have to use, some might have more trimming than others. If i picked one of those at random, I'd say 30$

8. corey4671

good point. again..let's assume all these will be done with 36" hydro seeing as the only other options I have in my arsenal are a 60" ZTR and a 21" walk behind.
    Just to give you guys a better understanding of the potential of picking up this yard..look at the surrounding area within .3 mile...Thanks guys.

baker springs potential.jpg

9. riverwalklandscaping

riverwalklandscaping LawnSite Senior Member

Ha, i'd do it for a buck (not really), just to get the advertising... assuming you have good signage on your truck or trailer

10. corey4671

at least someone understands why I want so badly to at least get into this neighborhood.