1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

new nursery

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by cleancut, Nov 19, 2000.

1. cleancut

cleancut LawnSite Member

I'm in East Tennesse and I've been looking at some land to purchase for a small nursery..I need some advise on where to by wholesale plants and how to price the plants for resale..Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.Thank You...Clean-Cut Lawncare & Landscaping...
  2. Lanelle

Lanelle LawnSite Bronze Member

There are many growers in Tennessee, especially around Minnieville (sp?) that should be willing to sell to you. You can also use a paper publication called The Plant Locator or go to http://www.Growit.com on the web. These sources all seem fairly heavy in southern grower listings. If you look in the various trade magazines that are frequently referenced on the forum, you should find listings for shows where you can go and meet the growers and gather lots of catalogs as well as place orders. Good Luck!
  3. SCL

SCL LawnSite Senior Member

4. cleancut

cleancut LawnSite Member

Hey guys thanks for the advice...Clean-Cut
  5. Cleancut,

There are numerous wholesale nurseries around McMinnville, and also down around Athens, AL. I have a relative who is in the landscaping biz and she gets lots of her shrubs and trees from growers at both of these areas. If you are interested email me and I can get you a list of the ones there.