1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

New old retaining wall

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by BNC SERVICES, Jun 3, 2005.

1. BNC SERVICES

BNC SERVICES LawnSite Member

costomer wanted the wall to blend in and not look like a brick wall, you know look sort of rough , what do you guys think. The project is not done yet there is a flagstone patio going in behind the wall and to the back step...bryan
    before pics

IMG_0575.JPG

IMG_0576.JPG

2. BNC SERVICES

and after pics

IMG_0579.JPG

IMG_0580.JPG

IMG_0581.JPG

IMG_0582.JPG

3. mkwl

mkwl LawnSite Bronze Member

Looks good, but the tree has too much dirt too far up it's trunk. I have seen mature trees die from exactly what was done. Your part (the wall) looks good though!

4. BNC SERVICES

well actually the dirt is only about two inches or less, higher , than where the mulch has been for a couple of years. im safe there i think. the only thing im worried about is some of the roots i had to cut, and they still want me to trim the tree. i bridged over some of them and cut into a few of them too. But does anyone know if i should wait on the triming, i dont want to shock the tree to much. The tree is 20 years old and started off as one of those 12" tall memorial day sticks that there kids brought home from school.

5. snap12.5

snap12.5 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

6. Gilla Gorilla

Gilla Gorilla LawnSite Senior Member

It looks good. I think the only thing that I would have done Differently is to try and stager the joints more. I could notice it alot in the last pic. Kinda like this --- --- ---
    --- ---

7. BNC SERVICES

i would agree with that, staggering the joints more , but it seemed like every peice that would stagger it nicely just wouldnt sit right. anyways thanks for the comments. i dont do landscaping 100% of the time so i like to here how i could do it better for next time....thanks guys....Bryan

8. BNC SERVICES

I also put these in on the other side of the yard.....and i did the edging by hand.

IMG_0573.JPG

IMG_0574.JPG

IMG_0572.JPG

9. South Florida Lawns

South Florida Lawns LawnSite Platinum Member
    from usa

How much do they wan't off the tree? You should be fine it doesn't look like you took out too many roots anyways. Btw what was the price for the rock?

10. Up North

Up North LawnSite Bronze Member
    from MN

Bryan,
    Don't know why you bothered putting that wall up...I'm sure you'll just knock it down with the plow next winter anyways... :D

Just kidding man, looks good. And welcome to Lawnsite!

Buck