new or used exmark

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by cwsourceone, Sep 17, 2003.

1. cwsourceone

cwsourceone LawnSite Member

I am looking at buying a 36" walkbehind and i am not sure if i should buy new or used. I am just getting started in this business and i was looking at buying a new 36 inch metro hp until i was lookning in the paper and ran across an ad for a 36 inch hydro. The hydro is a 2002 exmark with less than 200 hrs on it with the 15 hp motor and grass catcher and is said to be in perfect condition. He is asking 3000 for it. not sure if it is floating or fixed deck. Anyone have any advice. Thanks
  2. cwsourceone

Anyone have any advice :)
  3. jason r.

jason r. LawnSite Senior Member

If it were me, and the used hydro was in like new condition, I'd buy the used hydro.
  4. TotalCareSolutions

TotalCareSolutions LawnSite Senior Member

How much time do you have to shop?
    I bought a Lazer (52") 23 kholer, w/ 500 hrs for $5000
  5. shm

shm LawnSite Member

if it's a fixed deck (like the Viking) it's an okay deal

if it's a floating deck (like the turf tracer it's a great deal)

go take a look at it -provided it is in excelent shape you might have a nice deal
    if it were me and it was a fixed deck...i'd probably save some cash and buy the gear metro...but if you really need the floating deck then that narrows your choice down...what deos a new metro HP go for in your area?

good luck
  6. cwsourceone

i would like the floating deck because here in ga most lawns are bermuda in the front and fescue in the back so i would need to change the height quite a bit.

In my area a new metro hp is about $3100. I have done some shopping around and that is about the average. But i do have some time to shop around.

Thanks for the advice