New or Used?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by pcs, Dec 27, 2000.

1. pcs

pcs LawnSite Member

I think I may have a good deal on a used 2000 Walker. 48" deck, power dumping unit and all the other toys. Its a 25hp. It has 300hrs on it. But I can't decide if I should buy this one or get a new one here in Canada. I'm just woundering what will happen when I try to bring it into Canada.

2. RYAN

RYAN LawnSite Member

I am always leary of used equipment. I would by new if i were you unless is is a deal you can't refuse. I would be extra careful if it has a 25 HP Koeler on it. They have a bad reputation

3. landscaper3

landscaper3 LawnSite Bronze Member

We got a Walker with a 25hp good motor, we also have a 2001 Walker with the 26EFI thats even better then the 25, if you get a good deal on the 25 GO FOR it these machines are durable, dependable and have a FINISHED manicured cutting look!! If not much cost different get the 26EFI

4. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

Find out how much warrenty is left on the machine. This may help you to decide.

5. Lawnworks

Lawnworks LawnSite Fanatic
    from usa

I try to get equipment that are used but have low hours. Usually you can get a good deal.

6. cantoo

cantoo LawnSite Silver Member

pcs, give us an idea of the price and a phone number of this Walker.. Just kidding. Call Canada Customs they will tell you what to expect at the border for taxes etc. You might have to get someone with a broker to do the paperwork for you but I don't think so for lawn equipment. As for buying used if the price is right I wouldn't worry about it. My warranty is up soon and I really haven't had any call to use it. I had them replace a hydro but there really wasn't anything wrong with it. I'm sure you already know what that new Walker is worth here, especially with some options. I'm not far from you if you have any questions, send me an e-mail. AB Lawncare isn't too far away from you either, he runs Walkers too. We both use the same dealer for our Walkers.

7. fdew

fdew LawnSite Member

I like used equipment. Everything you and I own is used. I like to meet the person who used it and see how he treats his equipment.

BTW Check it out first, but I think if a product was made in USA you dont need to pay duty on it when you bring it in from Canada.

Frank