New owner of a Mini Fastrak

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by wbwanzer, Sep 1, 2006.

1. wbwanzer

wbwanzer LawnSite Member

New guy here.
    Just got my Mini Fastrak 42" with 17hp Kohler yesterday. I love it. Got the flex forks also.
    Ernesto (the tropical depression) is in my area now, so we're getting much needed rain, which will leave grass that needs cutting. Yeah baby!

One question: Is there any history with the EZT hydro gears as to how long they will last? I was putting roughly 50 hours a year on my lawn tractor, so the Mini should get less than that. Any idea how long they will last?

Thanks

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

First....
    Welcome to the family !!!
    In your application I would think if taken care of they will last you 20 plus years.

3. wbwanzer

wbwanzer LawnSite Member

Thanks for the Welcome.

Twenty years for the EZTs sounds great. But, you said "if taken care of". By that do you mean if they are not abused? My understanding of the EZTs are that they are not serviceable, so I was not expecting to do anything to them. I treat all my equipment gently because I want it to last. So is that what you meant?

BTW - I mowed the whole lawn yesterday for the first time and it was fun. Knocked about 15 to 20 minutes off of my usual time. Love the machine so far.

Thanks

4. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

That is what I mean, as in use the mower for the right application, home lawn, once or twice a week type of cutting.

Pj