New Owner of a used SuperZ Cat diesel

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by vincey2kr1, May 11, 2008.

1. vincey2kr1

vincey2kr1 LawnSite Member
    from Kansas

Just like to introduce myself, I just purchased a used Superz cat diesel 60" with 248hrs on it for an incredible price at the Hesston, Ks. Excel auction on Thursday :dancing: . I can honestly say this is the first time I have ever WAnted to actually mow the yard lol. This is my first zero turn riding lawnmower and look forward to mowing my 5 acres :rolleyes: Would appreciate any tips and/or tricks. Any updates that I should be aware of and how do i know that they've been done?

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

Welcome to the board !!
    You can contact any Hustler dealer with your serial # and they can look into this for you.
    I can also forward your info and serial # to have it looked into also.
    Let me know.

Pj

3. CutApproved

CutApproved LawnSite Member
    from NJ

Where can I go to buy one of these? I'd like a good deal on a mower too

4. vincey2kr1

from Kansas

Looks like my mower uses a hydraulic pump drive with electric clutch to power the blades. So that leads to my question, with a beast of a motor 34hp& 70.8 ft lbs of torque, what would slows the blades down if I run through some really tall grass at a good speed of 8-12mph? I'm guessing the belts would start slipping first? Or does the hydro pump have some sort of a safety check valve? Friend has a walker 3cyl gas mower that is gear driven and he says it'll plow through anything.. he doubts the belt driven blades can keep up even though i'm pushing out monstorous HP/tq

5. vincey2kr1

from Kansas

Well my friend was right, his 25hp 3cyl gas kubota shaft driven deck drive walker plowed through the grass were my monster 34hp diesel super z deck shut off going through the thick grass at the same speeds:confused: Guessing theres a bypass valve on the hydraulic motor driving the front deck that shutting her off, I had to reverse and then the deck would turn back on.. dissappointed really because i know it should easily plow through just as well as the walker:cry:

6. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

This one was bought at a auction we did last week, we only do these every few years.

7. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

vincey2kr1,
    Something sure doesn't sound right, you should not be experiencing this.
    The hydro circuit to the deck does have a valve in it for safety reasons, but you should not be experiencing this.
    I would start by removing the mulch kit and put side discharge blades on it and see how it acts then.
    Mulching and speed rob hp big time.