New Paver job, what do you think so far?

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by AzLawnMan, Mar 28, 2010.

1. AzLawnMan

AzLawnMan LawnSite Senior Member

I am installing these in my back yard, I have used pavers before just not the ones that go around the kool-decking. I'm not sure what I think about it yet, I guess I will have to see what it looks like when Im done. I wanna hurry and get this done by monday so I can start to show and sell it to my customers. What do you guys think. I will post pics as soon as Im done.

pavers.jpg

Pavers 3.jpg

Pavers 4.jpg

Pavers 5.jpg

Pavers 2.jpg

2. Joel B.

Joel B. LawnSite Senior Member
    from MN

Looks nice, what do you do with all the gaps between the blocks around the pool, do they get filled in later?

3. AzLawnMan

Because the pavers are a blend of browns, I am worried that when I go to put the grout between them I am gonna stain the pavers. So I am gonna seal them first, then Im gonna fill them half-way with silica sand and then grout them. I am still thinking about that process. I have never used those before so Im not sure what I will do yet.

4. mowerbrad

mowerbrad LawnSite Fanatic

I really wish I was talented enough and had the knowledge to do paver jobs like this.

The job looks like its going pretty well, I'm excited to see it finished.

5. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Looks great, man!!!

6. zturncutter

zturncutter LawnSite Bronze Member

Are you using Polymeric sand in the joints in the field ?

7. Pristine PM

Pristine PM LawnSite Member

That's a lot of little cuts, was it the only way it made sense.

8. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

I think it ain't got squat to do with Commercial & Residential Lawn Mowing, that's what I think.

9. AzLawnMan

I am using silica sand for the field joints as well. I have done kool-decks in the past and we have used this pattern and it was easy. I think with these kool-deck pavers maybe another pattern might have worked. I extended my current patio and added another in the pool area. So you can see the only place where the pattern may differ is around the pool itself. If I run the same pattern around the pool, I will be 2 inches to short around the edges, thats where I am trying to figure out whats the best move. And yes there are lots of wierd cuts but it isnt anything that we havent done before.

10. meets1

meets1 LawnSite Gold Member

Looks good. Cool back yard with the pool, fence for the kids and still green grass. How big is your back yard?