1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

New Paver Product (need feedback)

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by Team-Green L&L, Jan 20, 2007.

1. Team-Green L&L

Team-Green L&L LawnSite Bronze Member

I was approached with an opportunity that would entail our team to use a different product than we normally use for the companies applications. I have reviewd the specs on the pavers and am a tad concerned about the thickness of these pavers. It seems that the aspect ratio is too high. I need a second opinion.

Has anyone used these pavers before and how were the results?

2. cgland

cgland LawnSite Bronze Member

Well, they only really have one "paver" (4x8) the rest are considered slabs which require a different installation. (you may get away with tamping the 12"x12") Plus the disclaimers they give lead me to believe it is a sub-par product. I wouldn't use it.

3. Team-Green L&L

Thanks Chris, I was feeling the same way about this. Now, how would you explain that to a retail pool dealer who is looking for a subcontractor to install this product? The opportunity to have the retail referral is nice, but we want to maintain ICPI standards.

I have 1 guy that tells me "it's their product. Don't warranty it and treat it like sub work" and another saying that we represent our own standards in every project, whether it is sub work or not.

I hate missing good opportunities, but is this one of them or not?
  4. cgland

cgland LawnSite Bronze Member

I would never put my companies name on the line for any dollar amount. If I don't believe in a product I won't install it. I know the $$$ looks good at first, but it will catch up to you in the end.

5. mrusk

mrusk LawnSite Gold Member

That stuff looks chessey. I got a supplier for marble pavers out of NC that has top notch stuff.
  6. PaperCutter

PaperCutter LawnSite Bronze Member

We sold it in AZ, worked great there. Have you held a sample? Incredibly dense, seems really strong. Paddock Pools in Scottsdale has it around one of their display pools, give them a call and see what they think of it.
  7. tthomass

tthomass LawnSite Gold Member
    from N. VA

Info? Pictures? Price?

8. Team-Green L&L

9. YardPro

YardPro LawnSite Gold Member

they sent us some really nice sample boards last year. these thigs are really nice and pretty expensive..

I had NEVER contacted them, nor have i ever heard from them...
    I guess they may have gotten a cross referance and found out that we are also in the pool business and hardscaping as well.

i have samples of the blocks, and the surface color onlu goes into the block for a 1/4" or so, so any chipping and you will see the white concrete that is under the dye.

I like the bullnoze copint though, and the surface texture and colores are very nice.

don't think i'll be using them....
  10. Rex Mann

Rex Mann LawnSite Senior Member

A few of my vendors stock them. I have seen the Paddock display. They have
    their place. Mostly Floridian colors. I try to only install pavers. Many manufactures are pushing slabs, tile and other things as pavers.