New Paver Puller/Extractor

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by brickpuller, Feb 26, 2010.

1. brickpuller

brickpuller Banned

:hammerhead:I am going to have an add starting March 1st for a new product. I am a hardscape contractor in Illinois and have come up with this tool. It works great when you are trying to get a paver out that has chipped or broken during compaction, especially when you have used polymeric sand or sealer. It is also great for those times when Mr. or Mrs. Smith marks the 5 brick they don't like with permanent marker and won't pay until they are swithched. I used this tool all last summer and saved a ton of money/labor and frustration.
    The website is www.brickpuller.com my install company is www.prairiepathgroup.com I am really looking for feedback from contactors. Tell me what you think. Great tool? Stupid? Of course you can always buy one if you really like it.

2. White Gardens

White Gardens LawnSite Fanatic

That looks like a decent tool. Definitively would make pulling bricks much easier.

How does it do on brick that are "split" or cracked?

3. brickpuller

brickpuller Banned

As long as you can get a concrete screw into, it will pull the paver. Even when the paver is split it will pull it out, you simply need to pull the larger half out.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. esnipe8

esnipe8 LawnSite Senior Member

We dont do many paver jobs, but that looks pretty effective.

5. neighborguy

neighborguy LawnSite Member

Looks like a winner.

Two things:

1. I would proof read the steps you outline on the page.

2. how much?

6. brickpuller

brickpuller Banned

Thanks. I'll check the site. We are selling them through dealers right now and they are going for around $300.00. If you are interested in one and don't have a dealer by you we can sell them direct.

7. zedosix

zedosix LawnSite Silver Member

300 defective pavers on one job???? Who did the install on that one? If people were more diligent about the brick they installed and checked the surface before applying the poly sand and removed the pavers before they finished. They wouldn't need to worry about pulling them all out.

8. Lite4

Lite4 LawnSite Gold Member

Cool tool. Good luck, I hope you sell a ton!

9. brickpuller

brickpuller Banned

On the job on my website, the pavers were "wet" brick or soakers, which you can't see until after a rain. Bummer for the manufacturer that had to pay for the repair.

10. zedosix

zedosix LawnSite Silver Member

They are hard to spot when installing, I've seen that with Permacon in the past. Anyone know why this happens or what causes it?