1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

New people, new ideas

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by rcreech, Jan 21, 2012.

1. rcreech

rcreech Sponsor
    Male, from OHIO

Here is a picture of our home show just to show you our set up.

I had ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with getting in this show or getting anything set up. Bobby did it all!

I did work there a partial day on Sat and Sun (it was Th-Sun).

My GM (Bobby) is in the picture and is the person that is making it happen and making my life awesome!

We are looking foreword to our next shows!

Our First Home Show.jpg
  2. americanlawn

americanlawn LawnSite Fanatic
    from midwest

Very nice rc. I also thank the other posters, cux they're all giod folks.

RC, farm grond next to us just sold for $20,000 per acre. (do a search, and you will find it regarding NW Iowa farms.) Wondering where you''re getting you primary income from??

Been spending my time on another (friendly) site.

Turf Topics.
  3. rcreech

rcreech Sponsor
    Male, from OHIO

I heard about that the day after the sale. 1.4 million for 70 acres.

That is insane!!!!!!

Ground around us is going from $3500-6500 an acre.

About 65% of my gross sales are from Lawn Plus, 20% are from the farm and Becks is about 15%.

I expect the lawncare to keep gaining as this is where most of the effort is being applied.
    As for the farm it just depends on the year but probably peaked out due to looks of the future markets.
    Becks has leveled off in the last year due to me not putting in as much time and effort that is really needed.
  4. plc87

plc87 LawnSite Member
    from Iowa

great thread! I lose interest after a page or two on lots of threads but this was a good read! Emyth keeps coming up and that will probably be the next book I read.

rcreech, with some of this newly freed up time, check out Dave Ramseys new book entre-leadership. I've read all his previous books and went to one of his total money make over live events and went to a entre leadership simulcast a couple months ago. Entreleadership is fantastic... check it out!