1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

new perma green

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Green Side Lawn Care, Oct 30, 2007.

1. Green Side Lawn Care

Green Side Lawn Care LawnSite Member

got mine today and it wont spray i dont know if i am doing something wrong or what please help
  2. mkroher

mkroher LawnSite Senior Member

put liquid in it:hammerhead:

3. MStine315

MStine315 LawnSite Senior Member

It may need to be primed if it was dry when you got it. Put your liquid in, open the fill valve (by the gear shift lever) and rev the engine until you get a steady stream. Do this into a pail, of course. Then try spraying. When ours runs dry it's a p.i.a. to get re-primed and this is the best way we've found. Good luck.
  4. indyturf

indyturf LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indy

sometimes its hard to get them to prime. put water in it and open your drain or the spot where you fill the spray bottle. hit the throttle and the spray lever and it should prime the system in 15-30 seconds.
  5. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

You may need a full tank of water to get things going. Primeing after it runs dry is difficult--see above. I wish Permagreen would fix the primeing problem. I am very careful not to let mine run dry. Also very difficult to drain and then add antifreeze for winter. Tank needs a drain valve.
  6. Shades of Green LService

Shades of Green LService LawnSite Bronze Member

Make sure the spray nozzles are opened.