new perma green

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by scagster, Mar 3, 2005.

1. scagster

scagster LawnSite Member
    from n.ohio

just seen the new magnum@ lesco in avonlake oh. looks like they made alot of changes to the better. honda engine,external gas tank,bigger spray tank,bigger hopper, better tranny . just looks like a better machine than the ultra i bought last march. as always will have to wait and see after tested in the field,but really think they are on the right track

2. scagster

scagster LawnSite Member
    from n.ohio

do i have kooties or what, thought someone would at least comment

3. southernsprayguy

southernsprayguy LawnSite Member

They look better but looks are decieving. I used an Ultra for two years and basically hated it. They just aren't designed for commercial use, you can't spray more than 3/4 acre at a time, and they are pain in the as_ to load and unload on a trailer. Well let me refrase that....they take too much time to load and unload. I could spread fert. on a backyard with my walkbehind spreader in same amount of time it takes to unload the PG and fill the hopper. Not to mention, if you have had a few days of rain and your trying to catch up on production, you cant use the damn thing because it tracks up the lawn.

4. Lawn Tek

Lawn Tek LawnSite Senior Member
    from u s a

We have one and we love ours . Whats so hard about loading and unloading a Perma Green 2 seconds ? I would be on my 4th lawn while your walking behind your spreader on your first yard.

5. southernsprayguy

Yeah right. I can push a spreader as fast as, if not faster, than a Permapuke.

6. Lawn Tek

Lawn Tek LawnSite Senior Member
    from u s a

Yea , whatever

7. sprayman73703

sprayman73703 LawnSite Member

Hey southern spray guy, What machine do you use?

8. airtractrdrivr

airtractrdrivr LawnSite Member

I fail to see what is so dang hard about driving a Perma Green up a ramp onto a trailer, and driving it back off again, seems pretty basic to me. :rolleyes:

9. cgland

cgland LawnSite Bronze Member

Does this spreader you push also spray liquid? I drove my PG Magnum around today and there is NO WAY you can push a spreader as fast as a PG.

Chris

10. southernsprayguy

Tell me where I wrote in my comment that it was hard to load and unload! What I wrote was "IT'S A PAIN IN THE AS_ AND IT TAKE UP TOO MUCH OF MY TIME." Maybe some of you on this site need to learn how read first before you make any comments. And yes I can cgland, whether you believe it not, it doesn't bother me.

Sprayman: we use a John Deere 1800, Z-spray, and of course the Permapuke.