New Permagreen....w/ Pics

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by TLS, Mar 21, 2008.

1. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Well, I finally pulled the trigger.

Figured I'd get it now and play around with it and get used to it prior to laying down the first round.

Here are some quick pics I took this afternoon.

Permagreen0002.jpg

2. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Guess it's not going to look quite this clean again.

Permagreen0003.jpg

3. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Another view.

Permagreen0004.jpg

4. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Everyone likes pictures....right?

Here you can see the engine spacers and the padded foot rests.

Permagreen0006.jpg

5. MStine315

MStine315 LawnSite Senior Member

Congrats. Something I've been going to bring up and haven't.... There are three bolts that hold the velke onto the main frame. One on top and two on the bottom. We had a terrible time last year with these loosening. I actually replaced them because, by them loosening, they stripped the threads (only off the bolts, thank goodness). I put locktight on them to hold them in and it seemed to work. For those with PG's, you may want to check them and maybe take them out and add locktight. TLS, this may be a great time for you to do this as well. Also check out the auto pilot from spreadandspray on here r e-bay. I put mine on this week. If you have big jobs, it looks to be a great investment.

6. ted putnam

ted putnam LawnSite Platinum Member

As nice as the weather is in those pics, it looks like it's time for that thing to start earning its keep! Congrats...you'll love it!

7. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

I plan to look into the auto-pilot Marc. I was wondering if a thumb throttle would be more comfortable for the throttle? Similar to whats on 3-4 wheelers? Are these loosening bolts you talk about the big ones that go through the heim joints?

Ted, the weather was sunny but VERY windy today, and at time of pics was just barely past 40 degrees!

8. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

The business end of things.

Is this the undercoated tranny guys are talking about?

Permagreen0010.jpg

9. MStine315

MStine315 LawnSite Senior Member

I'm not sure what you call them, but they hold the "knuckles" on the main part of the machine. They each have a grease fitting if that helps. They're probably a 3/4" bolt or so, so ya, pretty big. In post #4 you can see 2 of them, one right below your engine oil fill and one behind it towards the foot plate. The third one is the one with the cable through it down below

10. ted putnam

ted putnam LawnSite Platinum Member

Yea, I looked one over real good at Lesco the other day. From what I could tell, there was just a little undercoating where the foil wrap meets the axles, kind of "glueing" the ends. There may be more under the foil wrap.The foil wrap looked heavy duty. They've got that transmission wrapped up like a baked potato