New Permagreen

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by topdog, Feb 20, 2009.

1. topdog

topdog LawnSite Member
    from indiana

Just picked it up yesterday. Looking forward to a good year.

043.jpg

2. Rayholio

Rayholio LawnSite Bronze Member

Awesome man..

I know it's probably just the pic.. but is that rust around all of the welds?? Allready? Heheh

3. turf&tree

turf&tree LawnSite Member

Just got ours too. I am bummed about the fact that the warranty started already since I can't use it for another month or so. No rusting welds, this thing is all stainless steel.

4. turf&tree

Top Dog, is that a smartsteer or last years model? It looks different from mine.

5. Turfdoctor1

Turfdoctor1 LawnSite Senior Member

congrats topdog.

Out of curiosity, is that a 1/2 pickup? Does it handle ok. I work out of a 1/2 ton truck, but worried that it wouldn't handle the PG on the carrier rack.

6. topdog

topdog LawnSite Member
    from indiana

it is an 08 model the 09 model with smart steer are about a grand more.
    it is a 1/2 truck. i just used it to go pick up the unit since the closest JDL is about an hour away & this truck does great on fuel. i will work out of one of my 3/4 ton trucks.

7. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Congrats on the purchase...Nice!

8. turf&tree

The folks at Permagreen talked us into the 09 Smartsteer. Yours looks like it has a bigger gas tank. That is what threw me off. We will be trailering it, most of the time I will be carrying 2 pallets of fert along with the unit.
    I recently watched the video of the Turfco unit, and I must say I was pretty impressed. Maybe in a couple of years we will try one of those. Let them work out the bugs if it has any.

9. rcreech

rcreech Sponsor
    Male, from OHIO

TopDog,

Great Luck to you!

I remember the first day I brought home my first PG!

I think I went out to the barn every half hour to look at it! :)

The PG is an awesome machine and it will make you a ton of money!

BTW...that isn't rust on the welds...that is just where the stainless was welded and if polished (which I did do to mine) it cleans up very nicely!

10. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

LOL...He's probably already got that rubbed off!:drinkup: