New PG Magnum Owners

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by FINN, Apr 25, 2005.

1. FINN

FINN LawnSite Senior Member
    from PA.

I have done a search and have been researching ride ons for quite awhile. I am looking for some recent feedback with this new version of the original.

Those of you who have the new Magnums. How are they performing and holding up so far?

Thank You.

2. Teff's Lawn & Snow

Teff's Lawn & Snow LawnSite Member

We bought a magnum this spring and it has been working out great. A few bolts have come loose, but nothing major on the durability part. It can do the work of two people pushing spreaders without the back pain. It's been a time saver so far.

3. NattyLawn

NattyLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

I've been using one this Spring...The only problem I have is the cable to put down the reflector has come loose. I like the tranny by your feet, the Honda engine, and the new spray nozzles. Definitely an upgrade over the old Centri I was using. I can't speak for the Ultra users.

4. FINN

from PA.

I appreciate the responses so far.

I am 6'3" 240lbs and I am concerned that the 6.5 Honda might be too small for my weight and operating weight of the machine. Any thoughts on this or examples of operators similar in size using these machines?

Thank You

5. I am 6' tall and weigh more then you and the Ultra does fine hauling my "well insulated" butt around.

6. Envi-Lawn

Envi-Lawn LawnSite Member
    from CT

I've owned the Magnum for 3 weeks and have 25 hrs. on it. At 6'4" and 230 lbs. I haven't been disappointed with the powertrain. it pulls nicely, but keep in mind that w/ 150# of fert in the hopper plus your 240 will compromise traction on uphills. I hop off and walk a few steps, otherwise, the drive tires spin, damaging the turf. One other situation of concern is when the hopper is full use caution on off camber turns. The machine will "bicycle" on two wheels. I keep the shower cap installed whenever the hopper is full, so no product spills on hard turns.
    The Magnum is a fine upgrade from the Ultra I owned last year. Its a bit pricey, but productivity excels even last years' Ultra by at least 10%

7. ant

ant LawnSite Silver Member

this is a picture of me. i have a centri and it pulls me.
    ant

images.jpg

8. ant

ant LawnSite Silver Member

lol....no thats not me.....
    but i am 280 and it pulls me...
    ant

9. FINN

from PA.

Beautiful!

10. qps