New Phazer 44" + Lots O' Leaves!

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by jameson, Nov 8, 2006.

1. jameson

jameson LawnSite Fanatic
    from PNW

Demoed a 34" Phazer back in Oct. - Took delivery of the unit last week - first break in the weather to give to really put 'er thru 'er paces - I'll cut and paste a 'mini' review of the demo's we had earlier this Fall from another thread:

I demoed a few mowers during the months of September and October. I was looking at hydro wb's/standers: 44" - "48 - 52" - most of these machines are powered by 17hp or 19hp KAWs.

Most of the wb's are comparable in weight - with the Standers on the heavy side. After researching various machines regardless of whether the company had any presence in my area - 600 pounds give or take was my target - for the machine (48").

Price was also a factor - after adding the necessary extras to a machine - mulching blades/kit - catcher - sulky attachment (wb's) - you name it - $6000.00 give or take (more give ) was the target price.

Unfortunately - the Stander was out - its weight and price betrayed it. Had a nice demo - actually too nice - the conditions perfect - the grass was dry.

The Huslter Trimstar 48" w/17hp KAW was the wb demo - mainly due to the H-bar - new (for me) and innovative - and the XR-7 deck. We had perfect demo conditions - wet grass! It gave a very nice cut - however midway thru the deck began leaving clumps and droning - yep - packed with grass. No biggie for me - I do not expect miracles from any decks. The H-bar was nice - and I could see how we could all become adept at using it - but after the demo - none of my guys were very enthusiastic about it - the unanimous verdict was that the handling felt squirrelly and too detached.

The last demo was an eXmark Phazer 44" w/19hp KAW - small compact ztr - Trivantage deck (tried and true) - this mower was not initially in the cards - however it met my criteria - and despite its toyish appearance (these compact ztr's are a bit unsettling at first glance) - it is a commercial unit. We had a good demo - wet grass again - the machine was outfitted with the extreme blades - it gave a nice cut - packed the catcher solid - and yes after a bit - the deck also. The guys loved the machine - better than the previous ones. Felt solid even on the incline we took it on - my steepest.

-RE TODAY - Mainly used it to pick up leaves - very wet conditions of late in the NW - everybody had a lot o' fun - tore up some turf - really pleased w/purchase. Gotta get a mulch kit ;).

Dan 1.jpg

2. jameson

jameson LawnSite Fanatic
    from PNW

more pics....

3. jameson

jameson LawnSite Fanatic
    from PNW

more pics.....

dan 4.jpg

4. jameson

jameson LawnSite Fanatic
    from PNW

more pics.......

dan 5.jpg

5. jameson

jameson LawnSite Fanatic
    from PNW

more pics..........

jon leaf blow.jpg

6. jameson

jameson LawnSite Fanatic
    from PNW

more pics................. who is this schmuck?

boss 1.jpg

7. jameson

jameson LawnSite Fanatic
    from PNW

more...........this guy really looks like he knows what he is doing - JMHOP :dancing:

boss 2.jpg

8. jameson

jameson LawnSite Fanatic
    from PNW

more...............Honestly - I am 6'1" 220 - and I dont feel squished - compact ztr's who woulda' thunk?

boss 3.jpg

9. jameson

jameson LawnSite Fanatic
    from PNW

more leavessssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

dan rob leaf.jpg

10. jameson

jameson LawnSite Fanatic
    from PNW

leeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaavvvvvvvvvvvvvveeeeeeeeeesssssssssss

dan rob leaf 4 good.jpg