New phone # for new service area???

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by KrayzKajun, Sep 20, 2013.

1. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

As some of you know from my other thread about marketing a new area, I'm expanding my business to a new area about 45mins from my current location. I'm moving To this area in the next few years and my brother already lives in this area.

Thinking of getting a phone # with the area code of the new area, that way we don't come across as an outsider, and I'll know when that phone rings it's a potential client from that area. I'll put this # on all the direct mail material and any other marketing material for this area.

Thoughts???
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. MowDayton

MowDayton LawnSite Member

I agree. If you use gmail you can get a Google voice phone number for free and have it forward to your current phone number. I have my Google voice number forward to me cell when I'm in the field and to the office when I'm in the office.

3. tonygreek

tonygreek LawnSite Gold Member

Definitely add a local number. Adds credibility and eliminates possible missed sales due to misdials. As MowDayton points out, GVoice is a powerful, free tool to use.

4. KrayzKajun

Thank Tony. I'll have to checkout Gvoice.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. KrayzKajun

well Google Voice has now #s available for the area i want. i might just add a prepaid line to my at&t accnt.

6. larryinalabama

larryinalabama LawnSite Fanatic

Since most people use cell phones now, it really might not make much difference.

7. KrayzKajun

the new area is about 60miles from my current location. separated by two area codes.

8. PLS-Tx

PLS-Tx LawnSite Silver Member
    from Texas

True but it may still be best to have a local number.

9. tonygreek

tonygreek LawnSite Gold Member

Krayz, another option would be to check out grasshopper.com. It's a premium, more full-featured service than GVoice.

10. KrayzKajun

Well google voice still has no #s available for the area code I want. So I'm going to just ad a cheap go phone to my AT&T accnt. I can get the area code I want and have last four numbers spell LAWN.

I'm going to use this number for all marketing material for the new area and put it on my trailers, hopefully a dedicated box truck for mowing.
    Posted via Mobile Device